- Performance Improvements
NVIDIA has promised faster performance in today's top games, but what's interesting is in the PDF document we received only graphs for two cards where shown; the 9800 GTX+ and the GTX 280 when running in Tri-SLI.
While we won't be testing all the games they have shown us in the benchmark section, hopefully some of what we do test shows improvements. Don't forget, though, if you've tested the new drivers on some new games then feel free to leave comments in our forums regarding the performance.
- SLI on X58
One of the larger features that the new driver offers is SLI support on the new X58 platform from Intel. With our new testbed moving to X58 this is an excellent feature as we will now be able to compare Crossfire and SLI on an even platform.
- Multi Display Support with SLI
While it is fantastic that NVIDIA has finally decided to give us the ability to run multiple displays when using SLI, everyone will tell you that it's something that should have been offered many months ago.
- PhysX on dedicated GPU
While PhysX has been around for a while, we continue to see it not really make an impact on the market. The new drivers give us PhysX on a dedicated GPU, but at the moment we do wonder how enticing that is to people.
While in theory PhsyX is a great piece of technology, it could be years before we see it really become popular, if at all.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [New Features]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Note8 color options leak: Samsung to introduce Deep Blue
- ASUS ZenFone 4 to be premium device with Snapdragon 835
- Nanomaterial charges phones, electric cars in SECONDS
- Qualcomm's next-gen Snapdragon 845 teased
- Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 lets you land on the moon
- Supermicro SuperO Booster Software Guide
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4