The Testbed Setup
As we just mentioned, the main components used here today include the Sapphire Pure Platinum A75, AMD A8-3850 and G.Skill Flare kit. The exact model of the Flare kit is F3-16000CL7D-4GBFLS. The bad news is that you can't get this kit anymore. The CL7 2000MHz DDR kit was on a really limited run and it's just impossible to get unless you hit up the second hand market. You can still buy the Flare series from NewEgg, but the current 2000MHz DDR kit listed at $89.99 US follows a 9-9-9-24 setup. It would still be a great kit, but don't expect to see the kind of speeds we're going to achieve today.
Of course, we use a lot of other quality components today that make this overclock possible and they include the amazing AX1200 PSU from Corsair. The AX series of PSUs from Corsair are just simply fantastic. If anyone ever asks me what kind of power supply they should be buying, I won't hesitate to say the highest end AX series PSU you can afford.
The next big important piece to the overclocking puzzle is of course our CPU cooling and that includes the Corsair H60 All-in-One water cooling kit. This is also another great piece of equipment from Corsair and since testing the P67 / Z68 platform, it's helped us achieve some amazing speeds.
On the video card front we have our Sapphire HD 6970. To be honest, though we didn't use it much today and at one point pulled it out and just used the onboard video to see if it helped us achieve a higher overclock. We've also got our Kingston SATA II 120GB SSD and everything fits nicely in our Lian-Li PC-T60 TestBench case.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google Daydream to have 11 devices by the end of 2017
- Nokia's flagship will be announced on August 16th
- Nintendo hits $1.37 billion in net sales in Q1 earnings
- Splatoon 2 sells 670,995 copies in 3 days in Japan
- AMD shares rise 8% riding Ryzen and GPU excitement
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers
- Mafia III: Sign of the Times DLC now available