We again find ourselves closer to the end of the month and the Catalyst driver from AMD coming in just in time before we tick over to February. If you go over the release notes there's nothing all that exciting going on outside of some fixes when it comes to a number of games.
If we look back to the 11.12 release that made its way to us just before December came to an end, it was one we said to skip, instead we suggested that you skipped the official WHQL driver and jumped onto the 12.1 preview that was released at the same time.
This release sees a similar kind of setup when it comes to the release schedule. Outside of the new WHQL 12.1 driver we're going to be looking at today, AMD have also released a Catalyst 12.2 preview driver.
We'll talk a little about that driver when we wrap everything up, lets first just check out the test system we've got up and running before we move into our Catalyst benchmark line up to see what the latest driver does in turn of performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GTA V tops June console earnings with new monthly high
- Nintendo Switch hits 4.7 million install base
- Huawei launches overpriced Porsche Design Watch 2
- Xiaomi's Mi 5X offers dual camera at an affordable price
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds gets temporary paid crates
- Toshiba XG5 1TB OEM M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers
- Mafia III: Sign of the Times DLC now available