This is the first article I have written for TweakTown, with many more to hopefully follow. Before we get into it, I'd like to thank all the people who have been involved in the running of TweakTown over the time I've been here - Mike Wright, Jon Albiez, Cameron Johson, Jason Rist, Chris Lee and Mytch Harper. Oh yeah, I think that Cameron Wilmot guy had something to do with TweakTown as well...
But hey, you guys and gals don't want to hear me brown-nosing... you want to find out how to maximize your performance and visual appearance of Windows XP. Or at least, I hope you do. If you don't, what are you doing reading this article? Supporting me? Awww, thanks...
On with the show!
Before we begin...
Before we start tweaking, I recommend you set up a few things on your operating system. Make sure you have Administrator privileges on the computer you are tweaking as some options may have been disabled for use by standard users. Also, there's ClearType. ClearType basically works to make text on your screen appear much clearer and readable - a massive boon for laptop owners. It works wonders for desktop owners as well - as you can observe from the below pictures...
To turn ClearType on, just access your Display properties in Control Panel, then click on the 'Appearances' tab. Then click the 'Effects...' button, and you will get a dialog like the one below.
Tick 'Use the following method to smooth edges of screen fonts...' and change the listbox to 'ClearType'. Then just click OK, Apply, and close down your dialogs.
OK? let's get tweaking!
How much to upgrade to x64 Edition?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel's new Core i7-8700K CPU detailed, 6C/12T @ 4.3GHz?
- GTA parent company's indie segment is making AAA games
- The Rock and Apple announce a movie co-starring...Siri?!
- A view from space: How Tesla Gigafactory grew in a year
- 2K Games lays out five-year plan, wants one AAA a year
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4