Toshiba's storage devision has just reached a new milestone, delivering the world's first dual-platter 1.8" HDD with a whopping 240GB capacity. Being just 1.8" in size, it allows for massive amounts of storage in devices such as portable media players, camcorders and ultra-mobile PCs. Codenamed MK2431GAH, the drive measures 54 (W) x 71 (D) x 8 mm (H), features a PATA interface and spins at 4,200RPMs.
Additionally, Toshiba has also introduced two more single platter HDDs with 120 and 80GB capacities, each bearing similar specs to their big 240GB brother.
All drives are said to be in full production by the end of the month. You can find the press release here for further information.
Further Reading: Read and find more Storage news at our Storage news index page.
Post a Comment about this news
Storage News Posts
- LSI demonstrates DEVSLP (Dev Sleep) at Computex and why it's important for SSDs and battery life
- Plextor shows off how much quicker their SSDs are than a traditional HDD
- Intel announces cloud computing-focused SSD - DC S3500 series
- Seagate enters the NAS HDD ring, looks to knock WD out with a 4TB model
- SuperMicro displays SuperStorage 6057R-E1R72L with 72 HDD bays
- SuperMicro displays SuperStorage Server at Computex 2013
- Western Digital are the first with a 7mm-thick 1TB HDD
- Western Digital explains their new 5mm SSHD
- Soon but not soon enough - OCZ Vector PCIe, it's coming
- MemoRight XT3 Series SSD joins the world's of Marvell and TLC together
TweakTown Web PollQuestion: Now you have the facts, which is your next-gen gaming console?View More Polls
- Seagate NAS HDD (ST4000VN000) 4000GB HDD Review
- Crash Help: Z87 Extreme 6 - Driver Install
- red bias on RGB not displaying
- GA-M52L-S3P problems
- ASRock 970 Extreme 3 No Sound From Onboard Jacks.
Storage Press Releases
- OCZ Technology to Showcase its Leading Solid State Drives and Launch New Power Management Solutions at Computex 2013
- Seagate Delivers Industry's First Purpose-Built 4TB Video HDD
- More Value Added to ADATA's DashDrive Series
- Apotop to Showcase Thunderbolt SSDs & Expanded Line of Wireless Storage Devices at COMPUTEX 2013
- PQI Highlights the World with the Latest Technologies at Computex 2013 Announcing New Products for New Lifestyles