The highly popular benchmarking and video recording software Fraps has just been updated to 2.9.7. The highlights of the latest build comprise the following :-
- Fixed 64-bit applications crashing soon after loading
- Fixed low quality sound recording with Left 4 Dead under Windows XP
- Fixed graphic corruption in X-Plane (and other OpenGL titles)
- Fixed crash when recording a DirectX 9 game and changing resolution
- Fixed Fraps not detecting games after being run at Windows startup
- Fixed hotkeys not responding when Alt held down
- Fixed monitoring of Vista DWM after a full-screen application has exited
- Fixed Fluidmark displaying a blank screen with Fraps loaded
- Fixed FS9 crashing when menu activated while recording
- Fixed DWMAPI error on some Windows XP installs
- Improved recording speed of DirectX9 games in Vista SP1 and SP2 beta
- Added warning if no sound recording device found under Windows 2000 or XP
You can download the new Fraps from here.
Further Reading: Read and find more news at our news index page.