Our Download of the Day today is uTorrent 1.8.2.
µTorrent was written with efficiency in mind. Unlike many torrent clients, it does not hog valuable system resources - typically using less than 6MB of memory, allowing you to use the computer as if it weren't there at all. Additionally, the program itself is contained within a single executable less than 220 KB in size.
Most of the features present in other BitTorrent clients are present in µTorrent, including bandwidth prioritization, scheduling, RSS auto-downloading and Mainline DHT (compatible with BitComet). Additionally, µTorrent supports the Protocol Encryption joint specification (compatible with Azureus 220.127.116.11 and above, BitComet 0.63 and above) and peer exchange.
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 1.8.2
- Feature: allow btsearch bundling
- Fix: installer crashes after installing on Vista
- Fix: total downloaded and total uploaded was being truncated to 32-bit integer (affected only 14153)
- Fix: PEX address parsing bug
- Change: installer will appear based on revision number instead of executable modification time
- Change: add bt.transp_disposition value (3) for uTP-only
- Change: allow 16kB piece sizes