Our Download of the Day today is Audacity 1.3.11 Beta.
Audacity is a free, easy-to-use audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems. You can use Audacity to:
• Record live audio.
• Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs.
• Edit Ogg Vorbis, MP3, WAV or AIFF sound files.
• Cut, copy, splice or mix sounds together.
• Change the speed or pitch of a recording.
• Add new effects with LADSPA plug-ins.
• And more!
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 1.3.11 Beta
# Bug fixes for:
* Imports and Exports:
- Bug when exporting partial selections caused too much audio to be exported is fixed
- Fix corrupt files exported through FFmpeg when metadata included (metadata is now exported correctly in M4A files)
- Prevent saving a new Audacity Project over an existing one as this could corrupt both projects
- Improved help for files that cannot be imported because the relevant optional library is missing
- Allow effects which change the length of the audio they work on to also be applied to selected label tracks, thus keeping them synchronized
- Fixed inability in Nyquist plug-ins to add labels to an existing label track
- (Mac) Equalization window was corrupted after Preview
- (Linux 64-bit) Fixed crash Generating Click Track
* Audio Devices:
- Fixed bug causing recording to stop short when the recording sample rate is not supported by the sound device and libsamplerate is used for resampling
- Fix crash when opening Preferences on a machine where there are no available audio devices
- Fixes for bugs using Timer Record and Sound Activated Recording
* User Interface:
- Sizes of some dialogs adjusted to ensure they fit on the screen
- Fix for supposedly "hidden" items appearing on screen with large monitors
- Various keyboard shortcut and translation fixes
* Other bug fixes:
- Several timing-dependent crashes and minor incorrect behaviours have been fixed
- Windows installer now installs correctly over previous versions of Audacity
# Changes and improvements:
- (Windows) Better icon file with higher resolution and transparency
- New SoundFinder plug-in to label regions of audio between silences, so allowing silences between tracks to be excluded when exporting multiple
Further Reading: Read and find more Software news at our Software news index page.