Well the nVidia GeForce 4 Series (called GeForce4 Ti and GeForce4 MX) reviews are coming out and everything is looking very good indeed from a performance veiw point with some astounding figures being shown. With things like Lightspeed Memory Architecture II, nFinite FX II Engine, Accuview AA, nView dual-display support, dual Vertex shaders and more make these video cards very desirable. It's probably better that I let the reviews speak for themselves as they would do a better job at it anyway but I do like what I've seen so far.
Well we've all heard of the problems that the Creative Live sound card cause a lot of people well it seems that the Creative Audigy causes "Squeals of Death" as it locks up PC's running either Windows 2000 or Windows XP operating systems. Creative representatives have classified the problem as "Severe".
Well most of you would probably have kept up with the VIA PCI Bus Problems going on over at the tecChannel.de for some time now but Legion Hardware has decided to check it out themselves as they were quite surprised to hear about this issue. Their VIA PCI bus Investigation (Part 1) takes a look at burst rates with a Promise FastTrak TX2 ATA100 RAID controller and two IBM Deskstar 61.5GB HDD's in RAID 0 configuration. Do go and check out their findings though and compare them to those from the other site and make of it what you will. They also have plans for part 2 of this saga and if you have any suggestions for them please send them along too.
- Acorp 4PX266A (P4X266A) Motherboard @ Accelenation
- FrozenCPU Blizzard 540 Case @ Overclocked Cafe
- Shuttle AS40GT-R (SiS 645) Motherboard @ Legion Hardware
- Nike Psa|120 Mp3 Player @ BurnOut PC
- Thermaltake Crystal Orb @ Club Overclocker
- ASUS A7V266-E (KT266A) Motherboard @ Tweakers Australia
- Everglide Gaming Mat @ SLCentral
- Gigabyte 8IRXP P4 Titan (i845D) Motherboard @ VR-Zone
- Nanotherm vs. Arctic Silver @ Target PC
- BAFO Technologies 7-Port Hub @ Club Overclocker
- CH Products USB Hands On Throttle And Stick Systems @ PlanetHardware
- SmartDisk USB Compact Flash Reader @ Futurelooks
- Prolink Geforce3 Ti200 Video Card Review @ Mikhailtech
Well that should keep you all entertained for a while and I'll post some more in the morning (aussie time of course).
Further Reading: Read and find more Video Cards news at our Video Cards news index page.