Our Download of the Day today is Cabos 0.8.2.
Cabos is a free Gnutella file sharing program. It is based on LimeWire's source code, and has a similar feel in terms of interface. Main features include:
Mojito Distributed Hash Table (Mojito DHT) support.
IP2Country support for locale detection.
Firewall to firewall transfers.
Universal Plug and Play support.
Adware and Spyware free.
Under 7000k of memory usage.
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 0.8.2
* Romanian localization was added.
* Italian localization was updated.
* Fixed core crash of Java 6 Update 18 (32bit) for Windows.
* Fixed a bug of GUI drawing under Windows Vista/7.
* Fixed a bug of iTunes Integration under Windows.
* Fixed unresponsible connections under Java 1.6 Mac OS X Snow Leopard.
* Fixed a bug of iTunes integration under Mac OS X Leopard.
* Updated HostCache and IP2Country database.
* DHT query will be actively used.
* Added 3 options to enable DHT query,TLS encryption and OOB search.
* TLS encryption should be disabled by default.
* A blocklist from BlueTack Internet Security Solutions was added by default.
* Cabos asks whether you have authorized your shared files.
* Download folder will not be added in shared folders by default.
* Added a new menu "Ignore Host".
* Changed the bandwidth limit minimum rate to 10%.
* Confirm an action of "Remove All Queries".
* Added a new splash screen at the default pane.
* Fixed minor bugs.
Further Reading: Read and find more Software news at our Software news index page.