Ok then I have some interesting bits here for you all today so lets dig in.
Well the guys at the Hardware Pub have been pretty busy lately and still haven't stopped. Today they're looking' at EPoX's new VIA KT333 chipset based 8K3A+ Motherboard.
This board features 6-channel AC97 Digital Audio, HighPoint372 RAID Controller , 4 USB 1.1 ports (2 optional), 6 USB 2.0 ports (4 optional) and support of ATA133 IDE devices.
The board to me looks pretty impressive but head on over there and see what they thought of it plus how it performed against several other motherboards.
A new site launched today called Tech On. They have up a couple of "Quick" reviews of Medal of Honor: Allied Assault (with plenty of screenshots), the Keyspan
Digital Media Remote (for lazy Mac users) and 3DCool's Tornado 2000 Case but do take a quick look and see what you think.
I didn't think a great deal of it myself ATM as the "Reviews" aren't really reviews though some of the screenshots were good but be warned that they go from 350KB's to 750KB's in size.
Over at AnandTech they have a look at Intel's new Dual Channel DDR E7500 Chipset For Xeon CPU's.
The E7500 MCH supports up to 16GB of DDR200 SDRAM through its 8 memory banks and though validated for use with both DDR200 and DDR266 SDRAM will only run at DDR200 speeds plus as with any dual channel memory setup memory modules must be inserted in pairs only.
But if you're interested in server/workstation stuff then go and check out the other details about it including multiple PCI/PCI-X bridges and other features.
Over at Tom's Hardware they have an "Exclusive Test" of the P4/2666 With 533 MHz Rambus which Intel won't be releasing till later this year.
With the change in FSB to 133/533MHz the P4 leaves the AthlonXP behind. But by the time they are released AMD's "Clawhammer" CPU's should be either here or close to but the "Thoroughbred" CPU's due out before hand may also get a FSB increase so the factors would change again.
But do go and have a read of this interesting article.
- Overclocking the XP1600+ [Updated] @ Tweakers Australia
- GeForce4 Performance With The Pentium III CPU's @ FiringSquad
- Adaptec Announces Serial ATA ASIC and Controller @ NewsGeek
- Shuttle SS40 & SS50 Preview @ VIAHardware
- Digital Camera Guide @ Designtechnica
- Thermalright AX-7 HSF @ Mikhailtech
- Philips MMS305 Multi-Channel Flat Panel PC Speaker System @ OCAddiction
- VIA KT333 Chipset First Look @ SocketA
- 3DCOOL AMD Athlon XP Shim @ Elite-Hardware
- OCZ DDR PC3000 Memory @ The Tech Report
- D-Link Roq-it 10 Gigabyte MP3 Player @ Hardware Masters
- Antec SX1240 Full Tower Case @ OnePC.NET
- IXOS and Ministry of Sound DJ1001 Headphones @ Futurelooks
- Transcend AKR4 (KT266A) Motherboard @ Socket A
- ASUS Geforce3 V8200 T2 Deluxe @ Tweakers Australia
- Creative Soundblaster Extigy @ MGON
- Multiplaycity EL Case Badge @ The Tech Zone
- HighSpeedPC Athlon XP Unlocking Kit @ Speedy 3D
- ABIT BD7-RAID (i845D) Motherboard @ OCTools
- Belkin Wireless 802.11B PCI Adapter @ Virtual-Hideout
- SUMA Platinum GeForce3 Ti 500SE and Ti 200SE Video Cards @ Digit Life
- VisionTek XTASY GeForce4 MX440 @ Beyond3D
- TerraTec DMX6fire And EWX 24/96 Sound Cards @ Void your Warranty
- Compaq Presario 5410US @ HardwareCentral
- CH Products F-16 Combat Stick & Pro Throttle [USB] @ OcPrices
- Leadtek 7350KDA (SiS 745) Motherboard @ VIAHardware
- ThermalTake Active Memory Cooling Kit @ Overclock Intelligence Agency
Well that's it for today but IDF opened today so we should be getting some info through on that over the next couple of days but for now take care.
Further Reading: Read and find more news at our news index page.