Our Download of the Day today is WinZip 14.5.9095.
WinZip is the most trusted way to work with compressed files. No other compression utility is as easy-to-use or offers the comprehensive and productivity-enhancing approach that has made WinZip the gold standard for file-compression tools.
You can quickly and securely zip and unzip files to conserve storage space, speed up e-mail transmission, and reduce download times. State-of-the-art file compression, strong AES encryption, compatibility with more compression formats, and new intuitive photo compression, make WinZip the complete compression and archiving solution.
Building on the favorite features of a worldwide base of several million users, WinZip adds new features for image compression and management, support for new compression methods, improved compression performance, support for additional archive formats, and more. Users can work faster, smarter, and safer.
This is a 45-day trial version.
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 14.5.9095
* Microsoft Office 2010-style ribbon interface places key WinZip functionality right at your fingertips, simplifying essential tasks and increasing your productivity
* Support for Windows 7 Libraries, Jump Lists, Multi-Touch Gestures, and more makes working with Zip files effortless
* 'Zip' option on the Home tab works the way you think, letting you select the files you want to zip up, choose your zipping options, and save your Zip file wherever you decide
* 'Encrypt' check box makes it easier than ever to password protect your confidential files
* 'Attach to E-mail' button lets you email a Zip file instantly and provides advanced options like using 'best method' compression and file encryption, and resizing photos so they send faster and fit standard computer screens
* '1-Click Unzip' option automatically extracts the content of an archive to a folder it creates for you, then opens the folder in Windows® Explorer, providing easy editing access
* 'Open With' button opens an Office document (or other file) from within a Zip file using the default Windows file association or the application you specify, and-if you make changes-WinZip offers to save them back to the Zip file for you
* 'Auto Open' feature automatically extracts and opens a zipped document, spreadsheet, or presentation in its associated Microsoft Office** application by just double clicking the Zip file within Windows Explorer or Microsoft Outlook®
* 'Zip file previewer' lets you see what's inside a Zip file from within Windows Explorer or Microsoft Outlook** and directly open zipped content files by simply double clicking on them
* 'Backup' tab*** reveals innovative capabilities for protecting your data files, including a choice of predefined backups for your documents, desktop, email, etc., a wizard for creating your own custom backup, and a way to backup photos directly from your digital camera or iPhone
* 'Tools' tab presents practical utilities, such as a simple way to create a self-extracting Zip file, a means to encrypt an existing Zip file, and an option to unzip and try the contents of a Zip file then clean up afterward automatically
Further Reading: Read and find more Software news at our Software news index page.