Our Download of the Day today is Total Commander 7.55 RC1.
Total Commander is a file manager for Windows similar to well-known DOS file manager.
Total Commander can handle archives as if they were subdirectories. It also has an internal ZIP-compatible packer. The search function allows you to search for files inside archives, even for text.
•Two file windows side by side
•Multiple language support
•Enhanced search function
•Compare files (now with editor) / synchronize directories
•Quick View panel with bitmap display
•ZIP, ARJ, LZH, RAR, UC2, TAR, GZ, CAB, ACE archive handling + plugins
•Built-in FTP client with FXP (server to server) and HTTP proxy support
•Parallel port link, multi-rename tool
•Tabbed interface, regular expressions, history+favorites buttons
•Thumbnails view, custom columns, enhanced search
•Compare editor, cursor in lister, separate trees, logging, enhanced overwrite dialog, and more
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 7.55 RC1
* Fixed: Port connection to other PC (LPT or USB): Server could crash when there were too many files with extra-long names in the visited directory
* Added: Correctly install and uninstall 64-bit cglptnt.sys (to be added later)
* Fixed: Synchronize dirs with FTP: Show error if "change directory" to given path on server fails
* Added: Use optimized MD5, SHA1 and SHA256 functions from DCPcrypt Cryptographic Component Library v2, Copyright (c) 1999-2003 David Barton (MIT license)
* Added: Check SHA256 checksum files (creation isn't currently supported)
* Fixed: cglptnt.sys was not working when there are gaps between LPT ports, e.g. LPT1+LPT3 or just LPT3
* Fixed: Parallel port connection had stopped working between beta 7 and 8
* Fixed: More crashes when viewing files with F3 from archives and closing the viewer
Further Reading: Read and find more Software news at our Software news index page.