Our Download of the Day today is SmartFTP 4.0.1123.0.
SmartFTP is an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) client which allows you to transfer files between your local computer and a server on the Internet. With its many basic and advanced features SmartFTP also offers secure, reliable and efficient transfers that make it a powerful tool.
SmartFTP can be used for:
• Web site publishing and maintenance
• Upload and download of images, documents, movie and music files
• Share your files with your friends and coworkers
• Backups of local or remote files
SmartFTP offers these features:
• Quickly rename multiple files.
• Search your hard drive in the Local Browser (Windows Vista and higher)
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 4.0.1123.0
* FTP: Workaround for MudOS
* Fix: Remote Browser: Forced refresh in tree view
* Fix: Local Browser: Windows Vista+: Collapsed folders are not longer auto expanded
* Settings: Most Recent Used list of download folders are no longer displayed in the Quick Folders page
* FTP: File name and file type are now combined on VM
* SSH: Workaround for non compliant SSH implementations (e.g. F-Secure)
* Fix: Remote Browser: Login prompt issues. Bug #79
* Remote Browser: Added Blocks column
* Fix: Windows XP: Remote Browser: Sorting of VM Format and VM Type columns
* Fix: Windows XP: Multiupload views were not handling items with duplicate names correctly
* Settings: Default Editor setting now accepts any file extension
* Transfer Queue: Added Metalink 4 support
* Fix: Regression: Proxy support for data connections
* Updated UI library
* SSH: Added option to display the "authentication banner message" some servers send
* Fix: Regression: Remote Browser: File size not correctly displayed in delete confirmation dialogs
* Fix: Regression: FTP: Unix permissions from MLST/MLSD reply were incorrectly parsed
* Remote Browser: Added Details property page (displays all properties of a file/folder) to Properties dialog
Further Reading: Read and find more Software news at our Software news index page.