Our Download of the Day today is Thunderbird 6.0 Beta 1.
Thunderbird is a great email client from the same people who brought you the Firefox browser.
Thunderbird gives you IMAP/POP support, a built-in RSS reader, support for HTML mail, powerful quick search, saved search folders, advanced message filtering, message grouping, labels, return receipts, smart address book LDAP address completion, import tools, and the ability to manage multiple e-mail and newsgroup accounts.
• Tabbed email
• An Archive feature similar to the one in GMail
• Lightning fast search
• Smart folders
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 2.0 Beta 2
* Reduced download size compared to Spybot-S&D 2.0 Beta 1.
* Faster installation procedure with a new option to preconfigure Spybot-S&D for a care free setup.
* Experimental plugin for Google Chrome.
* Experimental on-access scanner.
* Optional heuristic scans.
* Spybot-S&D's modules can now be directly opened from its tray icon.
* Fixed known uninstallation issues and tons of other bug fixes.
Further Reading: Read and find more Software news at our Software news index page.