Our Download of the Day today is Foxit Reader 5.0.2.0718.
Foxit Reader is a free PDF document viewer, with incredible small size, breezing-fast launch speed and rich feature set. Its core function is compatible with PDF Standard 1.7.
• Incredibly small: The download size of Foxit Reader is just a fraction of Acrobat Reader 20 M size.
• Breezing-fast: When you run Foxit Reader, it launches instantly without any delay. You are not forced to view an annoying splash window displaying company logo, author names, etc.
• Annotation tool: Have you ever wished to annotate (or comment on) a PDF document when you are reading it? Foxit Reader allows you to draw graphics, highlight text, type text and make notes on a PDF document and then print out or save the annotated document.
• Text converter: You may convert the whole PDF document into a simple text file.
• High security and privacy: Foxit Reader highly respects the security and privacy of users and will never connect to the Internet without users' permission. While other PDF readers often silently connect to the Internet in the background. Foxit PDF Reader does not contain any spyware.
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 5.0.2.0718
# Bug Fixes:
* Fixed a security issue of arbitrary code execution when opening certain PDF files.
* Fixed an unexpected termination issue of Foxit Reader when opening certain PDF files in a web browser.
* Fixed an issue where the page content cannot be displayed when opening certain PDF files in a web browser.
* Fixed an issue where the desktop icons would be rearranged automatically when creating the desktop icon of Foxit Reader 5.0 during installation on Windows XP.
* Fixed an issue where the file name would be a messy code or its extension would be missed when emailing certain PDF files from a web browser.
* Recovered the Print Scale function which was available in pre 5.0 versions.
Further Reading: Read and find more Software news at our Software news index page.