Our Download of the Day today is MetroTwit 0.9.0 Beta.
MetroTwit is a slick Twitter client for Windows.
Infinite scrolling - If you ever want to read more tweets, just scroll down and more will appear almost instantly.
URL shortening and previews - Take control of links with an intuitive URL shortener that automatically saves you space and time tweeting.
Autocomplete for usernames & hashtags - The people and topics you care about, at your fingertips. Simply start typing any part of a username or hashtag and we'll find them for you.
Resizable and reorderable columns - Not all columns must be created equal. You have the choice and flexibility to control exactly how your columns should look.
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 0.9.0 Beta
* Introducing ads and MetroTwit Plus
* Countless performance improvements and tweaks
* Added backlog feature to collate streaming updates for a single update
* Added support for selectable tweet font sizes
* Added ability to "undo retweets"
* Added loading animation to tweet columns
* Added pause indicator to columns that are paused
* Added support for viewing follow requests for private accounts
* Added ability to disable link shortening
* Added "copy tweet link" to tweet context menu
* Added grouping of retweets
* Added ability to rename columns
* Added verified account icon to tweet columns
* Changed style of tweet metadata and buttons to be more streamline
* Improved "keep scroll when refreshing" behavior
* Reduced tweet duplications in alerts and notifications
* Enhanced secure encryption of OAuth token
* Fixed Unicode text in tweets could exceed boundary of tweet
* Fixed Twitter sign in crashing when user's computer time is not correct
* Fixed Twitter trends display
* Fixed username autocomplete behavior to be more consistent with non-alphanumeric characters
* Fixed support for Microsoft Mouse back button in popup columns
* Fixed ClearType not displaying for popup columns
* Fixed showing retweets in notifications
* Fixed pasting text from OneNote
* Fixed accidentally sending tweets while "shortening" URLs
* Fixed not being able to send multi-line tweets
* Fixed Twitter usernames not showing on search columns when display set to "full name only"
* Fixed high DPI issues for first-launch and popups
Further Reading: Read and find more Software news at our Software news index page.