For those of you who don't want to dilly-dally waiting for the WHQL-certified drivers from AMD, you can jump on these newly-released drivers. They come in the form of the Catalyst 12.1 pre-certified drivers, and support the Radeon HD 2000, HD 3000, HD 4000, HD 5000, HD 6000, and HD 7000 Series cards.
They include quite the handful of support, features and enhancements, as listed below:
Windows 7 and Windows Vista support for the AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series and AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
- Enables support for Windows 7 64-bit/32-bit and Windows Vista 64-bit/32-bit
- Windows XP support will be made available in AMD Catalyst 12.4
Super Sampling Anti-Aliasing is now available for DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 applications
- Supported on the AMD Radeon HD 7900 and 7700 Series
- Users can now enable Super Sample Anti-Aliasing and Adaptive Anti-Aliasing through the AMD Catalyst Control Center for DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 applications
- Applications must support in game Anti-Aliasing for the feature to work (Forced on Anti-Aliasing through the Catalyst Control Center is not supported for DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 applications)
AMD Eyefinity 2.1 technology enhancements
- Custom resolutions - users can now choose from a much larger set of display resolutions for their AMD Eyefinity configurations
- Dynamic Configuration Changes: Switching between different display configurations (when physically plugging/un-plugging displays) will occur automatically by loading the appropriate profile
- HydraVision enhancements: The Windows Task bar can now be moved and resized based on users preference
- Profile Manager improvements: Users can now create multiple Display profiles, enabling users to seamlessly switch between various AMD Eyefinity and Display Configurations
If you want to hold out for the WHQL-certified drivers, they should be arriving in "late-February or very early March 2012".
Grab the Catalyst 12.1 pre-certified drivers, here.
Further Reading: Read and find more Software news at our Software news index page.