Our Download of the Day is Fraps 3.5.0.
Fraps 3.5 adds the much requested feature to allow AVI movie files larger than 4 gigabytes. Fraps will now write hybrid OpenDML/AVI files and allow large movies on NTFS drives. There's still an option to split at 4 gigabytes for legacy AVI 1.0 support.
Please be aware that the minimum system requirements have changed in Fraps 3.5.0. We now require a CPU with SSE2 instructions (Pentium 4 & above). Windows XP or higher is also now required. If you have an older system (Win2K or non-SSE2 CPU) you can still download the previous Fraps 3.4.7 release from the download page.
Fraps 3.5.0 - 26th April 2012
- Support for large AVI movie files (above 4 Gigabytes) on NTFS drives
- Added option to split AVIs at 4 Gigabytes for legacy AVI 1.0 support
- Fixed loop recording using large amounts of disk space for short clips
- Fixed benchmark logs not being saved if game was quit before benchmark ended
- Fixed View folder not opening window on some machines
- NEW MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS: CPU with SSE2 required (Pentium 4 & above)
- Windows 2000 is no longer supported (Windows XP & above)
You can download Fraps 3.5.0, here.
Further Reading: Read and find more Software news at our Software news index page.