Google have updated their Google+ for iPhone app, and with it, are headed in a new direction, a "simpler, more beautiful Google" as they put it. Today's update really pushes photos and videos, which is the Google+ experience the Mountain View-based company wants to head toward, some of the new features are:
- Whether you post photos or articles or text, we're making 'em look gooood
- We're adding crisper fonts, larger profile pics and a friendlier homescreen
- We're making the stream easier to scan, and easier on the eyes with overlays, gradients and other visual elements
On top of this, "fun and performance" has played a key role in Google+ for iPhone 2.0, with the following additions:
- Conversations fall into view as you move forward and backward in time
- Optical cues (like parallax) help the mind linger on individual posts
- Important actions like +1 now float atop the stream, making it easy to endorse all your favorites
Google have said that the iPhone update is rolling out to the App Store as we speak and that the Android update is coming in a few weeks, "with a few extra surprises". We'll keep you posted on that one.
Further Reading: Read and find more Apps news at our Apps news index page.