Sony unveiled their 84-inch 4K-capable Bravia TV last week at the IFA trade show in Berlin, dubbed Bravia KD-84X900. At the time of reporting, there was no pricing on the 4K set, nor was there a release date mentioned, but things have changed since then.
Sony have unveiled the pricing on the beast of a TV, set at $25,000. It sounds expensive, but consider two things: it's 84 inches, and it's 4K-capable. Sony won't be pushing this thing out in the coming weeks, rather it will be released sometime in November. Key features on the set:
- 84-inch, 4K LCD Panel
- Dynamic edge lit, LED backlighting
- Three-chip, 4K X-Reality Pro picture engine
- 4K upscaling
- 10 Unit Live Speaker System
- Passive Full HD 3D Capable
- Network connectivity, including the full Sony Entertainment Network suite of services
Further Reading: Read and find more Displays & Projectors news at our Displays & Projectors news index page.