The home button-sporting original Galaxy Note GT-N7000 smartphone from Samsung has received a leaked update in the form of Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. The leaked version is just a testing version, and doesn't include support for the S-Pen features.
There is, however, a bunch of new cool stuff, such as:
- Android 4.1.2 - Build JZO54K
- Project Butter
- Multi-View (can also be disabled)
- Page Buddy
- Notification Panel can now be customized
- New Additions in Notification Panel
- Smart Rotation
- New Samsung Keyboard
- Samsung's Cloud services
- Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play Features
- New Widgets From the Galaxy S III
- 2 Home screen modes
- New Notifications bar
- Google Now
The official ROM should arrive later in the year, and if not, early January. There's no news on whether we'll see the US versions of JB for the Note any time soon, either. You can find out more, and grab the leaked release, here.
Further Reading: Read and find more Operating Systems news at our Operating Systems news index page.