- History of MAX
Considering my father's name is Max, I raised my eye brows when I saw an e-mail with the subject "MAX History". As it turns out though, the e-mail was from ABIT and it talks about the history of the phenomenon which is MAX.
The original MAX series arrived at a time of great uncertainty in the motherboard industry, and was seen by many enthusiasts as a new hope amidst a sea of despair. What was needed in motherboards was a new way of thinking, and MAX gave hope where before there was none. The words legacy free had been but a concept cherished by enthusiasts who looked forever forward, rather than clinging to faded glories and tarnished ideologies. MAX I was the first motherboard created looking completely towards the future without being constrained by the old ways thinking. Its release transformed an industry grown complacent with pushing derivative products on woefully jaded enthusiasts.
I have uploaded the .doc file concerning this product to our servers which you can download. Please right click on this link and "Save Target As".
- DivX on your PDA
One of readers from Singapore sent me an e-mail today talking about compressing DVDs to DivX format for playback on Pocket PC's. He suggested I check out this guide over at Pocket Matrix. If you're new to DVD ripping backup, I highly recommend this guide - it worked an absolute treat for me. Brilliant!
This guide is supposed to help you encoding DivX videos for use with the Pocket DivX Player on all PocketPC devices, for example to play your favorite DVD when you want and where you want.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Speed Strip XP Unlocking Device @ Overclocker Cafe
- Asetek WaterChill Kit @ OCModShop
- ATI Radeon 9600 XT @ A1 Electronics
- Noise Isolator @ BIT Tech
- Electronics 101 @ PC Review
- Thermaltake Silent Boost @ OC Prices
- Albatron K8X800 ProII @ PC Stats
- Ahanix dboX Computer Case @ SLCentral
- Dell Inspiron 5100 @ Modasylum
- TwinMOS Twister DDR500 @ Club Overclocker
- DFI Infinity 865PE and CMOS Reloaded Part 2 @ SubZeroTech
Further Reading: Read and find more news at our news index page.