- Corsair Announces Value Select DDR2 Memory Modules
CorsairMemory announced today their new DDR2 Value Select memory modules. Offering several options, be it single modules or dual kits and ranging from 256mb to 2gb, Corsair are sure to have something suited to anyone considering the eventual move to DDR2. The press release from Corsair below :-
Fremont, CA, June 17, 2004: Corsair Memory, Inc., a global leader in ultra-performance DDR memory modules for PC gamers and enthusiasts, today announced new DDR2 Value Select memory modules. These products are ideal for the budget conscious consumer who would like to take advantage of the new features and bandwidth that DDR2 has to offer.
These come in several density options as well as in kits of two modules. The products range from 256MB to 2GB. These products are based on the new DDR2 technology which increases the memory bandwidth available for memory intensive applications.
DDR2, the second generation of Double Data Rate memory technology, includes new features such as a larger 4-bit prefetch and programmable on-die termination (ODT) to reduce signal bounce and improve reliability at high speeds. This new specification also utilizes 240 pins. The DDR2 Value Select product line currently has the following products available:
- VS2GBKIT533D2: A kit of two 1GB PC2-4200 modules
- VS1GB533D2: 1GB PC2-4200 module
- VS1GBKIT533D2: A kit of two 512MB PC2-4200 modules
- VS512MB533D2: 512MB PC2-4200 module
- VS512MBKIT533D2: A kit of two 256MB PC2-4200 modules
- VS256MB533D2: 256MB PC2-4200 module
All of these DDR2 Value Select modules and kits are available immediately from resellers world-wide
- ABIT Proposes Ultimate System Controller
XBit reports that ABIT are in the process of manufacturing a standalone product which enhances further upon their proprietory "uGuru" technology. Dubbed the "uGuru Clock", it not only displays hardware temps and fan speeds, but also allows the user to dynamically adjust their system's performance (ie. overclock) using presets such as "Turbo", "Quiet", and "Normal" within any software based environment. ABIT didn't stop there either, also allowing you to monitor your incoming E-mails whilst you game. Nice touch ABit!
ABIT, one of the world's leading maker of mainboards and graphics cards geared towards enthusiasts, said Thursday it would manufacture a special gadget that will allow to control and monitor the state of personal computers with the company's platforms inside.
The forthcoming uGuru Clock device is an addendum to ABIT's uGuru technology introduced last year. The uGuru monitors, overclocks and smartly manages system performance providing customers more comfort and speed. The uGuru Clock will permit customers to dynamically adjust system's performance by setting special presets, such as "Turbo", "Quiet", "Normal", etc directly from their favorite games or applications without need to run additional utilities or reboot the PC. Besides that, the uGuru Clock will show hardware temperatures, fan speeds as well as monitor incoming MSN or e-mail events.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Gigabyte G-Max CA2 SFF System @ NeoSeeker
- Soltek Qbic 3401A SFF System @ NeoSeeker
- DDR2: a Soon-to-be DDR Replacement @ Digit-Life
- Corsair XMS TwinX 1024MB PC4400 DDR @ Extreme Overclocking
- LG GSA-4120B: High Speed Multi-format Champion @ Anandtech
- Seagate Set to Launch a Dozen New Disk Drives in Q3 @ Toms Hardware
- Hard Drive Data Recovery @ PC Review UK
- Corsair TwinX-1024 3200XL Pro Memory @ Overclocker Cafe
- Stratus X Case @ Creative Mods
Further Reading: Read and find more news at our news index page.