- Western Digital gets cooler and larger
The Western Digital crew have just introduced a new breed of mainstream Caviar series hard drives which are said to have been enhanced for significantly decreased operating temperatures and noise levels, also resulting in increased lifetime expectancy. Oh, and WD also now offer a 320GB model for good measure. Further details in the official PR here folks.
LAKE FOREST, Calif. - Jan. 20, 2005 - Western Digital Corp. (NYSE: WDC) today announced that its WD CaviarŪ family of hard drives, now available in capacities up to 320 GB, has been enhanced to significantly reduce operating temperatures. Cooler operating temperatures extend long-term reliability in the variety of applications that use these drives today. Technological advancements made in the company's next-generation desktop-class drives also offer customers quiet operation, higher performance and larger capacity. Rotating at 7,200 RPM and offering either the EIDE or Serial ATA interfaces, the new WD Caviar products are available now in the distribution, retail and e-commerce channels and through OEMs.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Ultra 600 watt Power Supply @ Hi-Tech Reviews
- LTB USB Pro 5.1 Headphone Set @ LANAddict
- 512MB Corsair Flash Voyager @ BigBruin
- Corsair PC2-5400 C4 Pro Series @ ByteSector
- Using Linux For The First Time @ CoolTechZone
Further Reading: Read and find more news at our news index page.