In a recent official announcement from GIGABYTE, they aim to deliver a bunch of new SLI-ready motherboards with a cost-friendly price tag, in turn making SLI a bit more plausible for budget/mid-range focused system buyers.
Taipei, Taiwan August 12th, 2005 - GIGABYTE Technology®, a leading manufacturer of motherboards, VGA cards and other computing hardware solutions, today announced a new range of affordable SLI-ready motherboards aimed at introducing NVIDIA's dual GPU technology to the mainstream PC market.
The new GIGABYTE motherboard SKUs follow shortly after an announcement by NVIDIA that the chipset and graphics giant would focus on driving SLI technology into the general PC market where it can benefit home and corporate users as well as PC gaming enthusiasts. The new SLI-ready motherboards are the GA-K8N-SLI and GA-8N-SLI Pro that feature compatibility with new dual core processors from Intel® or AMD, Serial ATA 3Gb/s, NV RAID, NV firewall and Gigabit LAN connectivity, all for a retail price that is expected to start at less than AU$190.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- AMD socket 754 Athlon 64, Sempron motherboards list @ A1-Electronics
- 6-way Mega DDR2 Round-Up @ VR-Zone
- Talkback: Widscreen TVs Get the Bends @ DesignTechnica
- Wicked Lasers Extreme Series 80 mW Phoenix @ MVKTech
- Yeong Yang Aquarius YY-5604 Middle Tower @ HardwareOC
- Thermaltake Golden Orb II @ OCIA
- Western Digital Essential NetCenter 320GB NAS box @ Trusted Reviews
- Saitek X52 Flight Control System @ Futurelooks
- Razer Diamondback Plasma gaming mouse @ Trusted Reviews
Further Reading: Read and find more Video Cards news at our Video Cards news index page.