The long awaited and much-anticipated R520 GPU from ATI is finally about to become a reality as the ATI guns gear up to make it all official within the next few weeks. Hardware Analysis decided they'd take it upon themselves to release a bunch of exclusive information and gaming benchmarks galore with the R520 cored "X1800 XT" graphics card. Early signs show a highly promising product in the performance stakes, but as to whether or not it will become the card of choice for high-end enthusiasts over NVIDIA's already popular 7800GTX, this remains to be seen.
Well ATI sure kept us waiting, but it will finally be introduced this month, the R520 architecture, the successor to the X800 family of graphics cards and a contender for the 3D graphics throne. But why wait for that introduction when you can have a sneak peek today? Normally we would've adhered to ATI's NDA and published results the moment it expired. However this time around ATI decided to just not bother with us as they made it very clear that we did not make the cut, as we have written some articles about CrossFire, R520 and ATI's financial situation that were apparently not appreciated. Hence we've not been briefed by ATI, nor did we sign an NDA, or have been invited to the launch event, so basically they decided to cut us off.
Unfortunately for ATI we have other sources to get detailed information from, for example the board partners that will be manufacturing and selling the majority of these new graphics cards.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Sony Vaio VGC-RA304 media server PC @ Trusted Reviews
- ATI's Crossfire Limitation- Mountains Out of Molehills @ PenStarSys
- DFI LAN Party UT NF4 SLI-DR Motherboard @ ModTheBox
- OCZ Technology EL-DDR PC3500 Gold GX Memory @ PCStats
- Performance Monsters from AMD: Dual-Core CPUs in a Dual-Processor Workstation @ XBit Labs
- Swiftech MCX159-CU Chipset Cooler @ ClubOC
- KickButtComputers Signature Combat Chassis @ Phoronix
- CMI Computer's cs807b Mid Tower Case @ A True Review
Further Reading: Read and find more news at our news index page.