Two new products make their way into ASUS's "MiMO" wireless networking lineup as of today. They announce both the WL-566gM router and WL-106gM PCMCIA adapter, which when coupled together will operate at speeds of up to 240Mbps and with 8X the standard coverage area to boot.
All the details reside within the official PR folks.
Sydney, Australia; April 07, 2006 - ASUSTeK Computer Inc. (ASUS) unveiled today the 240 MIMO series, which currently includes the WL-566gM router and WL-106gM adapter, drastically improving WLAN's data transfer rate and coverage range, while maintaining signal integrity and Wi-Fi interoperability.
With its high-speed 240Mbps data transfer rate, the multi-transmitting 240 MIMO series excels with an actual throughput of up to 100Mbps, and covers eight times the range than that of standard 802.11g WLAN devices. True wireless multimedia experience in homes, small businesses, retail stores etc, without any dead spots is now possible by taking advantage of multipath propagation in the Multiple Input Multiple Output technology - MIMO.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Digital made up 80% of Ubisoft's first quarter sales
- Console gamers to spend more on DLC than games in 2017
- GTA Online earned $1.09 billion, says analyst firm
- Microsoft earned $90 billion last fiscal year
- Xiaomi's upcoming phone to rock dual camera and MIUI 9
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4