4 million iPhones have been sold to date according to Steve Jobs at the recent MacWorld conference in San Francisco. When considering the market was exclusively limited to the USA up until the third quarter in 2007, then this has to be considered quite a feat.
In addition, Apple has promised that towards the end of February they will release the Software Developers Kit (SDK) to allow developers to create iPhone applications on their own steam. This is definitely a good move to generate more support and enthusiasm from iPhone end-users (As if Apple really needs more buzz).
That's not all and according to Jobs, any iPhone or iPhone Touch user can upgrade their product by downloading the latest patch to tap into the following awesome features:
- Maps with location (Using Google and Skyhook databases through WiFi tower & Cell tower triangulation)
- Webclips -customized website settings.
- Customize your home screen with 9 different setups.
- Send multiple sms's at once.
- Navigate films via Chapter, activate subtitles and adjust language settings for your region.
- Lyrics support for any songs you can stream the lyrics below karaoke style while the song is playing.
If I owned an iPhone I would definitely fall under the Apple spell. I wish all companies could follow Apple's example and think of the customer and their desires first. Apple is in a very healthy state.
Further Reading: Read and find more Mobile Devices, Tablets & Phones news at our Mobile Devices, Tablets & Phones news index page.