Corsair announces Voyager Port
Corsair develops innovative solution to transform any USB flash drive into
a powerful and flexible portable backup and recovery device
Fremont, CA, March 31st, 2009 - Corsair®, a worldwide leader in high-performance computer and flash memory products, today announced the Voyager Port portable backup solution for USB flash drives.
The Voyager Port transforms any USB flash drive into a powerful data backup solution, complete with a simple, one-button file backup feature. The Voyager Port requires no external power supply and features a USB 2.0 port for the latest, high-speed USB flash drives.
"USB flash drives, such as Corsair's shock- and water-resistant Flash Voyager drives, are smaller and far more durable than portable hard disk drives, which have moving parts that are vulnerable to shock" said Jim Carlton, VP of Marketing, Corsair, "And with 64GB Flash Voyagers now available, USB flash drives are ideal backup solutions."
The Voyager Port is seamlessly integrated with the included copy of award-winning data backup and recovery software NovaBACKUP 10, to easily store and protect your important data. Simply press the Voyager Port's backup button and you need never again be without your most important documents, photos, email contacts, music and other data.
"Your most important personal data, such as documents, spreadsheets, PDFs and presentations generally only occupies a few gigabytes of hard disk space, meaning that huge hard disk-based backup drives are largely wasted," continued Carlton. "Our research indicated that over 80% of users have a 'My Documents' folder of less than 64GB, and more than 85% need to regularly transport less than 64GB of data between different PCs. This shows that USB flash drives are an efficient method of backing up your data, and with high-capacity USB flash drives, there's still plenty of room for your favourite music, photos and even movies."
The Voyager Port, combined with 32GB or 64GB USB flash drives, also makes an ideal total backup solution for notebooks and netbooks with smaller main storage drives. Simply use NovaBACKUP 10's Disaster Recovery option to take a snapshot of the system to preserve your data in the event of a failure.
The Voyager Port is available immediately from all good stockists, and is backed by a 10-year warranty and comprehensive customer support via telephone, email, forum and the Tech Support Express helpdesk.
More information about the Corsair Voyager Port can be found here, corsair.com/voyagerport
Note to editors: Statistics taken from Corsair Data Backup Survey, February 2009. 1757 consumers surveyed.
Founded in 1994, Corsair Memory Inc. is a worldwide leader in high-performance components for personal computers. Specializing in very high performance memory and ultra-efficient power supplies, our flagship products, including DominatorTM memory modules, are the choice of overclockers, enthusiasts and gamers everywhere. Our expertise in design and manufacturing is also evident in our complete line of ruggedized Flash VoyagerTM and Flash SurvivorTM USB storage devices. Corsair Memory offers 24/7 customer support via forums and the Tech Support Express helpdesk. For more information, please visit http://www.corsair.com
Copyright © 2008 Corsair. All rights reserved. All company and/or product names may be trade names, trademarks and/or registered trademarks of the respective owners with which they are associated. Features, pricing, availability, and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Latest News Posts
- Intel CPU engineer leaves after 20 years
- Digital made up 80% of Ubisoft's first quarter sales
- Console gamers to spend more on DLC than games in 2017
- GTA Online earned $1.09 billion, says analyst firm
- Microsoft earned $90 billion last fiscal year
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4