Vuzix announces 'Works with iPhone' Apple Certified Cable with 3-D Support for Complete Line of AV Video Eyewear
Rochester, NY - April 2nd, 2009 - Vuzix Corporation, the leader in video eyewear for the consumer, defense and low vision assist markets, is thrilled to announce Apple iPhone® compatibility. Every "Works with iPhone" product is designed for optimal connectivity with the iPhone® and is certified by Vuzix to meet Apple performance standards. Additionally, the cable is the first on the market that supports 3-D video in the following formats:
Side by Side
All 3 Major Anaglyph Modes
The cable will be available bundled with the Vuzix iWear® AV230XL and available as an upgrade for all current Vuzix Video Eyewear customers for only $39.95. Vuzix' ability to allow the consumer to upgrade their video eyewear ensures users have the latest technology without having to repurchase a whole new product.
"The iPhone® compatibility combined with the recent announcements of the Wrap 920AV and the Augmented Reality Accessory Kit keep Vuzix at the forefront of the mobile video and 3-D revolutions," said Vuzix CEO, Paul Travers. "As our products become increasingly more affordable, extensively available and highly compatible with a broad range of content types and mobile devices, the widespread adoption of Vuzix Video Eyewear is inevitable. We are excited to officially extend this compatibility to iPhone® enthusiasts worldwide," added Travers.
Vuzix continues to set the standard for innovative and high-quality Video Eyewear products. The iWear® VR920 is the world's best-selling virtual reality system while the iWear AV310 Widescreen boasts the world's first 16:9 widescreen Video Eyewear. The AV230XL is designed for the everyday consumer and features the convenience of AA-battery power and a sub-$200 price point. The latest edition to the Video Eyewear family, the Wrap 920AV raises the bar once again with a true 'sunglass look'.
For more information on Apple and the process involved with achieving the "Works with iPhone" certification, please visit developer.apple.com/iphone/.
About Vuzix Corporation
Vuzix Corporation manufactures personal display devices for the entertainment, defense, industrial and low vision medical markets. Vuzix products provide users with a portable and private big screen experience that delivers big screen mobile entertainment in the consumer markets, low vision assist in the medical markets and tactical information in the defense markets. The company is revolutionizing the mobile display industry and aims to continue to create products that enrich the lives of its customers. Vuzix has won six CES Innovations Awards since 2005, the 2008 RetailVision Best New Product - Hardware Award, the awards for the 2006 Frost & Sullivan Technology Innovation of the Year Award for European Mobile & Wireless services and has been named the 12th fastest growing privately held company in Rochester, NY by the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle and awarded one of Inc. 500 magazines' fastest 5000 companies. Founded in 1997, Vuzix is a privately held company with offices in Rochester, NY, London, UK and Tokyo, Japan. For more information, please visit http://www.vuzix.com.
Latest News Posts
- Bethesda sale: $13 Doom, cheap ESO and more
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds continues titanic growth
- Next-gen Hololens to have custom AI chip
- The OnePlus 5 8GB now available for immediate dispatch
- Microsoft Paint killed off with new Creators Update
- Comic-Con 2017 trailer round-up: MCU vs DCEU vs the rest
- graphics card not detected via riser cable
- Maximum ratio (x39) with 4,06GHz for i7 4770 on GA Z87X-UD3H?
- Supermicro SuperO Booster Software Guide
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4