Active Media Products Unveils Windows 7 Compatible Polar Bear USB Drive
Silicone Rubber USB Drive is Lead- and PVC-Free and Benefits World Wildlife Fund (WWF)
Fremont, California, July 21, 2009 - Active Media Products (AMP), manufacturer of SSDs and unique USB drives including the Obama drive, today began shipping a WWF Polar Bear USB flash drive that is compatible with Windows® 7 and benefits WWF. Under its licensing agreement with WWF AMP develops and sells a series of portable USB flash drives in the likeness of endangered species, and contributes five percent of the retail price of this product line to WWF.
The Polar Bear drive is a fun way to carry all your important data. Offered in capacities up to 16GB, the Polar Bear drive can store thousands of MP3 songs, photos and presentations and still have space for your favorite video clips. This precision crafted drive is an accurate 40:1 scale model of a real polar bear, and even has 'hair texture'. The non-toxic silicone rubber casing is completely free of PVC, lead and mercury - toxic materials commonly found in USB drives. The keychain hole in the tail is perfect for attaching the Polar Bear drive to a keyring, backpack or briefcase. The drive can stand on all fours or, at only 2.6 inches long and 1.5 inches tall, is small enough to carry in your pocket.
According to Jerry Thomson, VP of Sales, "The WWF Polar Bear drive is an awesome drive. We strived to make every detail physically consistent with a real polar bear. It's more than just a square USB drive, it's a storage device that computer users will love to own and enjoy using, and every purchase benefits WWF." The Polar Bear drive joins the Panda and Penguin drives as the third product in AMP's WWF series. The WWF Polar Bear drive is available now through Amazon, Tiger Direct and other online retailers.
About Active Media Products
Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Active Media Products LLC is dedicated to developing creative new media products that improve performance and enhance the user's experience. Our products include the Obama USB drives and the World Wildlife Fund series of endangered species USB drives and a range of solid state drives.
About World Wildlife Fund
WWF is the world's leading conservation organization, working in 100 countries for nearly half a century. With the support of almost 5 million members worldwide, WWF is dedicated to delivering science-based solutions to preserve the diversity and abundance of life on Earth, halt the degradation of the environment and combat climate change. Visit http://www.worldwildlife.org to learn more.
Latest News Posts
- The first official pictures of Radeon RX Vega leaked
- AMD Vega 20 with 32GB of HBM2 teased with Vega 10/11/12
- Coolest thing you'll see today: 360° video from a rocket
- Intel hits record $14.8 billion second quarter earnings
- Battlegrounds on Xbox One X: 30-40FPS with 100 in server
- Fnatic Gear RUSH G1 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Asrock A88M-G/3.1 + A10-7860K = freezes in the idle state
- ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 Dual 3G: Mid-Range On The Cheap
- AMD Ryzen 3 1300X and Ryzen 3 1200 CPU Review
- Lian-Li PC-O5SW...Watercooling and dimensions
- Toshiba introduces TR200 SATA retail SSD series with 64-layer 3D flash memory
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers