Active Media Products Ships 1.8-Inch PATA ZIF SSD Upgrade for HP Mini
SaberTooth Z SSDs Turbo Charge HP Mini 1000 with up to 82MB/sec Transfer Speeds
Fremont, California - August 10, 2009 - Active Media Products, manufacturer of SSDs and WWF series USB drives, today launched new 16GB and 32GB PATA ZIF SSD upgrades for HP mini netbooks with transfer speeds about twice as fast as the default drive.
"The SaberTooth Z cuts bootup and application load times in half." said Vice President of Sales at Active Media Products, Jerry Thomson. "HP Mini 1000 users will be amazed at the ease of installation and the difference it makes in performance."
Part Number Description Street Price
N16G-PATAZIF 16GB SaberTooth-Z PATA ZIF SSD, 82R/38W MB/sec $70
N32G-PATAZIF 32GB SaberTooth-Z PATA ZIF SSD, 82R/38W MB/sec $110
The SaberTooth Z has a 1.8-inch form factor and measures 54 x 32 mm. Using a PATA / IDE interface and a ZIF connector, the SaberTooth Z is guaranteed compatible with HP Mini 1000, 1010NR, 1030 NR and 2510P netbooks. Active Media Products uses the same Phison 3016 controller in its SaberTooth AA PATA half mini PCIe SSDs, so the reliability and performance are already proven. The controller hosts key features such as ECC, wear leveling and bad bit management that improve reliability and extend the life of the drive.
These SSDs support sequential read speeds up to 82MB/sec and sequential write speeds up to 38MB/sec. 16GB and 32GB SaberTooth netbook SSDs are available today through Amazon for $70 and $110 respectively.
ABOUT ACTIVE MEDIA PRODUCTS
Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Active Media Products LLC is dedicated to developing creative new media products that improve performance and enhance the user's experience. We envision unique new mobile storage devices that are vastly more interesting than traditional storage bricks, and we apply our product design and engineering talents to developing exciting new storage products. Our focus on innovative product development enables us to launch new ideas into the market a step ahead of the competition.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme announced, ready for Ryzen
- Terminator 2 on 4K Blu-ray includes T-800 arm replicate
- Intel's new 12C/24T CPU: slower clocks than ThreadRipper
- ARCTIC's Liquid Freezer: ready for Ryzen ThreadRipper
- AMD compares Radeon RX Vega to GTX 1080 in Battlefield 1
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- AMD hits Intel where it hurts with Ryzen ThreadRipper
- Lexar JumpDrive Tough 64GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive Review
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4
- MSI releases special motherboard BIOSes for Crypto-currency Mining
- Qualcomm files patent infringement complaints against Apple with International Trade Commission and Federal Court