Super Talent Launches Co-Branded Toshiba SSDs
SATA-II UltraDrive DX SSDs Include Advanced new Security Features
San Jose, California - October 6, 2009 Super Talent Technology, a leading manufacturer of Flash storage solutions and DRAM memory modules, today announced the new co-branded UltraDrive DX SSDs that offer two levels of security to prevent unauthorized data theft or loss. Co-branded Toshiba, the new UltraDrive DX SSDs will be sold through Super Talent's North American retail and distribution channel starting this week.
As a first level of security the UltraDrive DX supports password protection with an encrypted password. This blocks malicious hackers from accessing the data stored on the SSD. As a second level of protection the DX incorporates new hardware data randomization technology. Data randomization happens automatically with every write to the drive to prevent unauthorized copying of blocks of data. Both encrypted password protection and data randomization are standard features that do not affect performance.
UltraDrive DX SSDs include sophisticated ECC and wear leveling algorithms for superior reliability and extended endurance. The DX has passed intensive testing with a gamut of hardware and software configurations to ensure unmatched reliability. While the DX was designed primarily for exceptional security and reliability, it is also surprisingly fast, and is specified to support sequential read speeds of up to 230 MB/sec and sequential write speeds of up to 180 MB/sec.
"As the first Toshiba co-branded SSD on the market, UltraDrive DX features a Toshiba controller and Toshiba's MLC NAND flash memories.The DX provides best-in-class security and reliability features combined with cutting edge performance in both read and write speeds", explained Super Talent Director of Marketing, Joe James.
About Super Talent Technology
Super Talent Technology Corporation based in San Jose, California, designs and manufactures a full range of DDR, DDR2, and DDR3 memory modules and Flash based storage devices for computers and consumer electronics. An ISO 9001 certified company, Super Talent utilizes its state-of-the-art factories and leading-edge components to produce award winning products with outstanding reliability. Super Talent is an active member of the JEDEC and ONFI standards bodies. With over 250 patents, the company was ranked 38th in the 2008 Wall Street Journal's Patent ScorecardTM for the IT industry.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's new 17.7.2 drivers include Enhanced Sync, and more
- HTC Standalone VR headset launches in China
- GTA V tops June console earnings with new monthly high
- Nintendo Switch hits 4.7 million install base
- Huawei launches overpriced Porsche Design Watch 2
- Lian-Li PC-O5SW...Watercooling and dimensions
- Toshiba XG5 1TB OEM M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers
- Mafia III: Sign of the Times DLC now available