Kingston Increases Speed on DataTraveler 410 USB Flash Drive
DataTraveler 410's Faster Read/Writes Follow Speed Increases on Consumer-Level USB Drives
Sydney, Australia - October 07, 2009 - Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced it is increasing read and write speeds on its DataTraveler 410 USB Flash drive to 20MB/sec. read and write. Shipping in capacities up to 32GB, the speedy DataTraveler 410 allows for faster file transfers and is password protected to help keep data secure.
"Power users, enterprise customers and everyday consumers have wanted the ability to store and move large files around faster as USB Flash drives have become more prevalent in everyday use," said Vaughan Nankivell, Regional Manager- Australia and New Zealand for Kingston Technology. "Based on customer feedback, we developed the DataTraveler 410 with higher data transfer rates and security in mind as well as a terrific price point."
The faster read and write speeds make the DataTraveler 410 the ideal drive for high-definition photos, large documents, presentations, music, videos and other data. It includes SecureTraveler software which allows users to create and access a password-protected area of the drive called the "Privacy Zone."
The increased data transfer rates of the DataTraveler 410 follows a recent speed bump of the higher capacities (16- and 32GB) of Kingston's consumer-level DataTraveler I, DataTraveler 101 and DataTraveler 112 drives to read and write speeds of 10MB/sec. These drives offer consumers choices in color, capacity, and whether the USB comes with a retractable body or swivel design.
Kingston DataTraveler USB drives are backed by a five-year warranty and free tech support. For more information, visit http://www.kingston.com/anz.
DataTraveler 410 Product Features and Specifications:
• Capacities1: 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB
• Dimensions: 2.58" x 0.71" x 0.41" (65.76mm x 17.98mm x 10.7mm)
• Fast2: data transfer rates of up to 20MB/sec. read and 20MB/sec. write
• Operating Temperature: 32º F to 140º F (0º C to 60º C)
• Storage Temperature: -4º F to 185º F (-20º C to 85º C)
• Simple: just plug into a USB port
• Practical: capless swivel design protects USB connector; no cap to lose
• Guaranteed: five-year warranty
• Safeguarded3: includes SecureTraveler security software for Windows
• Enhanced4: for Windows ReadyBoost on Vista-based systems
1. Some of the listed capacity is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. For more information, please consult Kingston's Flash Memory Guide at Kingston.com/Flash_Memory_Guide.
2. Speed may vary due to host hardware, software and usage.
3. Those with administrative rights can protect corporate data by creating a partition on the drive for additional security with SecureTraveler.
4. Although DataTraveler 410 is enhanced for ReadyBoost, SecureTraveler will not operate properly if ReadyBoost cache is enabled on the drive. However, you may enable ReadyBoost cache on a separate drive.
Manufacturer: Kingston Technology
Product name : Kingston DataTraveler 410
RRP for 4GB: A$29.95, NZ$34.95
RRP for 8GB: A$49.95, NZ$60.95
RRP for 16GB: A$86.95, NZ$119.95
RRP for 32GB: A$178.95, NZ$224.95
Australian Distributors: Avnet Australia Pty Ltd, Ingram Micro, Simms International Pty Ltd., Synnex Australia PTY Ltd.
New Zealand Distributors: Ingram Micro NZ, Synnex NZ
About Kingston Technology Company, Inc.
Kingston Technology Company, Inc. is the world's largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Kingston designs, manufactures and distributes memory products for desktops, laptops, servers, printers, and Flash memory products for PDAs, mobile phones, digital cameras, and MP3 players. Through its global network of subsidiaries and affiliates, Kingston has manufacturing facilities in California, Taiwan, China, Malaysia and sales representatives in the United States, Taiwan, China, India, Australia, New Zealand, Vietnam, Europe, Russia, Turkey, and Latin America. For more information, please visit http://www.kingston.com/anz.
Press Release Gallery
Further Reading: Read and find more Connectivity & Communications press releases at our Connectivity & Communications PR index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!