Fujitsu Announces Comprehensive Windows 7-Ready Product Lineup
Fujitsu's LIFEBOOK tablet PCs provide fast and responsive multiple-touch screen with Windows 7 technology
Munich, October 22, 2009 -
Fujitsu today announces a comprehensive range of desktop, notebook and thin client product lines ready for Windows 7, Microsoft Corporation's new operating system. Fujitsu's new LIFEBOOK models in particular have an improved user experience due to the advances of Windows 7 and Windows Touch technology. In addition, Fujitsu makes it easy for companies to transition to Windows 7, offering a "TwinLoad" option for upgrades.
Fujitsu's LIFEBOOK T4310, LIFEBOOK T4410, and LIFEBOOK T5010 tablet PCs support Windows 7 multi-touch screen capabilities. The Dual-Digitizer technology in these devices enables intuitive data input by automatically recognizing if the user is working with Fujitsu's patented multifunctional pen or finger, and acts either as an active digitizer or touch screen. Windows Touch technology allows multi-touch, recognizing two touch points at the same time, for a fast and responsive user experience.
Fujitsu is extending its pioneering TwinLoad option with Windows 7. This enables customers to buy new hardware today, but defer making a final decision on when to upgrade to Windows 7 until after the new operating system has been in their corporate environment. TwinLoad enables users to upgrade and/or downgrade when they are ready, allowing both downgrades from Windows 7 to Windows XP, and subsequent upgrades to Windows 7. Fujitsu provides a TwinLoad DVD with complete software images (operating system, additional software and drivers) making installation run smoothly and automatically. This option is available for all mobile devices, and for some deskbound device options.
Rajat Kakar, Vice President Clients Group at Fujitsu Technology Solutions says: "The Windows 7 operating system is a great step forward for mobility and the user experience. As users and the workforce become more mobile, touch screen capabilities for tablet PCs gain importance. We feel that Windows 7 allows us to provide a responsive and accurate touch screen experience."
All Fujitsu PCs and notebooks purchased between June 26, 2009 and January 31, 2010 are eligible for the Windows 7 upgrade program. Users that buy new devices in this timeframe have the option to upgrade to Windows 7 license free.
Fujitsu will display Windows 7 ready line including the LIFEBOOK devices at Microsoft's Tech Ed Europe event taking place from November 9-13, 2009 in Berlin, Germany.
Fujitsu is a leading provider of IT-based business solutions for the global marketplace. With approximately 175,000 employees supporting customers in 70 countries, Fujitsu combines a worldwide corps of systems and services experts with highly reliable computing and communications products and advanced microelectronics to deliver added value to customers. Headquartered in Tokyo, Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.6 trillion yen (US$47 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2009. For more information, please see: http://www.fujitsu.com/
Latest News Posts
- Nanomaterial charges phones, electric cars in SECONDS
- Qualcomm's next-gen Snapdragon 845 teased
- Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 lets you land on the moon
- Intel Core i9-7960X benchmarks: 16C/32T 'Skylake-X' CPU
- Intel's new Core i7-8700K CPU detailed, 6C/12T @ 4.3GHz?
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4