Israel's Outsmart Relies on Global IP Solutions to Drive High-Quality Communication for Telecom Operators
OutSmart's Plug 'n Talk Device Transforms Any PC into a Mobile Phone; Now Deployed with the Philippine's Largest Wireless Provider
San Francisco & Tel Aviv - November 2, 2009 - Global IP Solutions (Oslo Børs: GIPS), the leading provider of IP multimedia processing solutions, today announced that Israel-based Outsmart, a leading provider of convergence solutions for telecom operators, is using GIPS VideoEngine inside its Plug 'n Talk softphone to ensure reliable high-quality voice and video.
Outsmart's Plug 'n Talk solution enables telecom operators to offer their subscribers a preloaded USB memory stick, which transforms any PC into a mobile phone. Smart Communications, Inc. (SMART), the Philippines' largest wireless operator currently offers their customers the Plug 'n Talk solution. It enables the eight million Filipinos working abroad to call any Philippine landline or mobile phone at local tariffs with the same user experience, phone number, services and billing.
"Global IP Solutions has set the standard for voice and video quality over the last decade and Outsmart is confident to offer telecom operators worldwide the best communication platform with GIPS technology as the basis of our voice quality," said Jacob Bros, CEO of Outsmart. "Outsmart offers telecom operators additional revenue streams with the Plug 'n Talk solution allowing their users to enjoy all the advantages of a mobile phone on a computer with services such as voice, video, SMS, MMS and access to voicemail."
GIPS' Chief Executive Officer, Emerick Woods, added "Outsmart offers a superior solution that transforms any computer with Internet access into a mobile phone. They deliver a simple device that brings added-value for customers and cumulative revenue opportunities and customer loyalty for telecom operators. With GIPS providing the underlying voice and video technology, Outsmart is guaranteed to offer the best quality attainable."
Global IP Solutions is the recognized leader in world class voice and video processing technology for IP networks allowing application developers, service providers and hardware manufacturers the ability to easily build complex voice and video processing technology into their solutions, without worrying about the effects of delay, jitter, packet loss, bandwidth constraints, background noise and echo.
Founded in 2001, Outsmart is a leading mobile solutions provider of convergence technologies. The Company offers its flagship product, the Plug 'n Talk solution that allows mobile operators to reach out across national borders to tap into new user segments. Based on its Smart Convergence Platform, Outsmart enables operators to converge between mobile and VoIP. This ensures an opportunity to broaden their reach with new revenue generating services for both residential and business users. Visit us on http://www.outsmarttelecom.com.
About Global IP Solutions
Global IP Solutions (Oslo Børs: GIPS) provides best-in-class voice and video processing in IP communications. GIPS enables its customers to deliver unmatched quality, with a faster time-to-market and with less risk than alternative solutions. GIPS serves application developers, wired and wireless service providers and network and telecommunications equipment vendors. Its customer list includes CommuniGate, Nimbuzz, Nortel, KT Networks, Oracle, PCCW, Samsung, WebEx, Yahoo!, AOL and other key players in the voice and video over IP markets. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Stockholm, Boston and Hong Kong. For more information, visit http://www.gipscorp.com.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme announced, ready for Ryzen
- Terminator 2 on 4K Blu-ray includes T-800 arm replicate
- Intel's new 12C/24T CPU: slower clocks than ThreadRipper
- ARCTIC's Liquid Freezer: ready for Ryzen ThreadRipper
- AMD compares Radeon RX Vega to GTX 1080 in Battlefield 1
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- AMD hits Intel where it hurts with Ryzen ThreadRipper
- Lexar JumpDrive Tough 64GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive Review
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4
- MSI releases special motherboard BIOSes for Crypto-currency Mining
- Qualcomm files patent infringement complaints against Apple with International Trade Commission and Federal Court