Available immediately for retail: USB3.0 Controller from Sharkoon
Sharkoon USB3.0 Host Controller Card: PCIe-Controller with NEC-ÂµPD720200 Chip and two USB3.0 Ports / MSRP 39.90 euros // also starting calendar week 48 the USB3.0: Sharkoon Hard Drive Docking Station SATA QuickPort is available for MSRP 49.99 euros
Ten times faster than the USB2.0, data transfer rates of up to 5 GB/s, enhanced transmission reliability and energy efficient: The new USB3.0 interface now also offers an over abundance of bandwidth for data transfer applications. However, Mainboards and peripheral devices that allow SuperSpeed USB?s simply can not wait. Sharkoon is the first provider to immediately offer a PCIe controller so that the Desktop PC can be quickly and efficiently upgraded: The Sharkoon USB3.0 Host Controller Card is equipped with a NEC ÂµPD720200 chip; the two USB3.0 Ports are combined with the PCIe 2.0 so that it can conform to Intel xHCI-rev0.96 specifications. The controller card can connect directly to the PCI-x1 slot and operate a larger PCIe slot with a connection speed twice as fast; it possesses a 4-pin plug to the power supply over the network, and supports the operating systems Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 (32 Bit / 64 Bit).
Also, a first peripheral device with the SuperSpeed interface from Sharkoon will soon be made available on the market: As of calendar week 48, the popular hard drive docking station Sharkoon SATA QuickPort with USB3.0 port will be released. The new interface has USB-IF specifications including compatibility with previous USB 2.0, USB 1.1 and USB 1.0 connections.
The "SATA QuickPort" series currently comprises of eight models with different features for different requirements. All Sharkoon QuickPort?s allow convenient and direct access to unobstructed SATA hard drives. The compact yet sturdy QuickPort series table adapters are equipped with a slot to accommodate SATA drives in both the 2.5? and 3.5? inch format. A folding mechanism with a suitable slot for the smaller notebook drives offer two types of secure grips; the disks are simply plugged into the QuickPort and the computer immediately recognizes them as an authorized drive. After use, the drive can be easily removed by utilizing the eject button again. With its approximately 575 gram weight, the docking station itself on the desktop is accident proof. Two different LED colors indicate the operation and data access. The latest model of the Sharkoon QuickPort USB3.0 comes with an instruction manual, universal AC adapter (EU, UK, U.S.) and a USB3.0 cable.
End customers will find the Sharkoon USB3.0 Host Controller Card available immediately from authorized retailers for the manufacturers suggested retail price of 39.99 euros.
The Sharkoon SATA QuickPort USB3.0 is available beginning calendar week 48 for the manufacturers suggested retail price of 49.99 euros.
For further information regarding the Sharkoon USB3.0 or other Sharkoon products, to request photos or other informational material, please contact us or go to http://www.sharkoon.com.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 836 will debut with the Pixel 2
- Samsung to produce chips for the iPhone 9, LG batteries
- Facebook is working on a modular smartphone
- Samsung's 1st dual camera phone has an Always On Display
- $32 million of Ethereum stolen by hackers
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4