ASUS Supercharges Its Best-selling 'Eee' Line of PCs with NVIDIA ION
New Portable and Desktop Systems Deliver a Superior Visual Experience
SINGAPORE - November 20, 2009 - ASUS, one of the world's leading PC OEMs and pioneer of the netbook category, has adopted award-winning NVIDIA® ION™ graphics for many of its top-selling "Eee" netbooks and nettop PCs.
The NVIDIA ION graphics processor transforms low-power PCs into versatile media and entertainment centers that support stutter-free HD video, games and video editing. ION delivers up to 10x faster graphics performance than comparable systems with Intel integrated graphics.
All of the NVIDIA ION-based PCs and motherboards from ASUS fully support Windows 7, which takes advantage of graphics processors to accelerate a variety of applications, freeing the CPU to handle other tasks.
The new ASUS products include:
• ASUS Eee PC 1201N: An incredibly fast netbook that combines NVIDIA ION graphics with a dual-core CPU to deliver a superior multimedia experience.
• ASUS EeeTop PC ET2002T: A stylish all-in-one PC featuring a 20-inch Touchscreen display and built-in DVD drive.
• ASUS EeeBox PC EB1012: The latest version of ASUS's pioneering nettop delivers an incredible media experience with support for HD video, HDMI, and casual gaming.
• ASUS EeeBox PC EB1501: A full PC experience with built-in DVD burner, up to 4GB of memory, wireless connectivity and Windows 7 Home Premium.
• ASUS AT3N7A-I: A mini-ITX motherboard that is ideal for building a media centre, small form factor desktop, or home theater PC.
Jeff Fisher, senior vice president of the GeForce and ION business units at NVIDIA said, "ASUS has energized an entire line of netbooks and nettops with our NVIDIA ION GPU. High definition media, great gaming, and Windows 7 - with these PCs consumers can truly have it all."
"Our new ION-powered Eee PCs will redefine netbook and nettop performance," said Jerry Shen, CEO of ASUSTeK Computer Inc. "They deliver an outstanding HD experience that isn't possible with today's basic integrated graphics."
Jon Peddie, an industry analyst who specialises in graphics research, said, "ASUS is a leader in small form factor PCs, and this step shows that they are aware of the importance of great graphics, even for netbooks and nettops. These PCs will run circles around most Atom-based systems, so they are an excellent solution."
ION graphics deliver a premium experience in small, low-powered PCs with support for:
• All versions of Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7
• Outstanding HD video including 1080p and Blu-ray*
• Smooth streaming video with the upcoming Flash Player 10.1
• Digital connectivity to an external monitor via HDMI
• Mainstream games including Spore, The Sims, UP, and LEGO games
• Hardware acceleration for NVIDIA® CUDA™ architecture-based applications such as vReveal, Badaboom, Arcsoft Total Media Theater, and Super LoiLoscope
• 24-bit 8-channel LPCM uncompressed audio through HDMI
For more information about the new ASUS products, please go to: http://www.asus.com.
NVIDIA (Nasdaq: NVDA) awakened the world to the power of computer graphics when it invented the graphics processing unit (GPU) in 1999. Since then, it has consistently set new standards in visual computing with breathtaking, interactive graphics available on devices ranging from portable media players to notebooks to workstations. NVIDIA's expertise in programmable GPUs has led to breakthroughs in parallel processing which make supercomputing inexpensive and widely accessible. Fortune magazine has ranked NVIDIA #1 in innovation in the semiconductor industry for two years in a row. For more information, see http://www.nvidia.com.
Further Reading: Read and find more press releases at our PR index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!