OCZ and Symwave Partner to Deliver the Smallest, Highest Performance and Lowest Power USB 3.0 External Storage Product
Companies Will Showcase Leading USB 3.0 and SSD Technology at CES 2010
SAN JOSE & LAGUNA NIGUEL, Calif.-November 24, 2009-OCZ Technology Group, Inc., a worldwide leader in innovative, ultra-high performance and high reliability memory and flash-based storage and Symwave, a leading silicon supplier of system solutions for SuperSpeed USB devices, today announced a partnership to deliver next generation USB 3.0 solutions at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Nevada from January 7-10, 2010. The first outcome of this partnership is the industry's highest performance external Solid State Drive (SSD) storage product, ideal for consumers demanding uncompromised leading-edge technology. By working with Symwave, OCZ was able to leverage its flash technology expertise and develop even faster cutting-edge solutions making use of the new USB 3.0 standard.
"Thanks to Symwave's industry leading USB 3.0 storage controller, our external SSD device delivers 10x the transfer rate of USB 2.0 at 5Gb/s, as well as several 'green' improvements including superior power management and lower CPU utilization," said Eugene Chang, Vice President of Product Management at the OCZ Technology Group. "We are determined to be at the forefront of the market by offering products with unparalleled performance, reliability, and design to unleash the potential of flash-based storage."
"OCZ's products are synonymous with high performance. Combining our USB 3.0 controller with their SSD technology, both architected for performance without compromise, is a perfect match," said John O'Neill, Vice President of Marketing at Symwave. "CES will be a showcase for new and innovative products that provide consumers with a dramatically improved user experience. Symwave is committed to delivering silicon and software solutions that will transform the way consumers view and use USB storage devices."
OCZ and Symwave's demonstrations will take place in January during CES at both the Aria Hotel and Hilton Hotel (suite 2900). To schedule a visit, please contact Jessica Luken at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jim Kappes at email@example.com.
About OCZ Technology
OCZ Technology Group, a member of JEDEC, designs, develops, and manufactures ground-breaking, high performance memory and premium computer components, including solid state drives and computer power supplies. OCZ products are the first choice for enterprise and consumers needing high-reliability, premium-grade solutions. OCZ's continually invests in R&D to continuously push the limits of performance, speed, and value for consumers, system integrators, and OEM clients. For more information visit our website at http://www.ocztechnology.com.
About Symwave, Inc.
Symwave is a global fabless semiconductor company developing connectivity SoCs (Systems-on-Chip) and software solutions that enable PCs and other consumer electronic devices to realize the benefits of SuperSpeed USB 3.0. The USB 3.0 standard improves device power management, transfers data tenfold faster and maintains backwards compatibility with the billions of USB ports shipped to date. Symwave's high-performance analog/mixed-signal products leverage the company's proprietary technology, IP and silicon design capabilities to bring the benefits of uncompromised speed in low-cost standard CMOS processes. The company is privately held with headquarters in Orange County, Calif., and design centers in Shenzhen, China, and San Diego, Calif. Symwave is backed by top-tier venture capital firms including Kodiak Venture Partners and CMEA Ventures and a recent investment by SMSC (NASDAQ: SMSC). Additional information is available at http://www.symwave.com.
Latest News Posts
- $32 million of Ethereum stolen by hackers
- Fake AMD Ryzen CPUs have been sent by Amazon
- Avast acquires CCleaner and Speeccy developer Piriform
- Ubisoft hints AC Origins' RPG elements will be monetized
- Google Pixel XL 2 looks amazing in the new concept video
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4