Shattered HorizonÂ™ - Dedicated Server Released to Community
Helsinki, Finland -December 3, 2009 - FuturemarkÂ® Games Studio today released the dedicated server for Shattered HorizonÂ™, their multiplayer first-person shooter played in zero gravity. With dedicated servers PC gamers can choose how they want to play Shattered Horizon and who they want to play with, giving them greater protection from cheats, hackers and griefers and more control over the game's settings. http://www.shatteredhorizon.com/
The release of the dedicated server was accompanied by a minor game update and a new bundle offer from the Futuremark Store that includes Shattered Horizon and 3DMark Vantage Advanced Edition (Futuremark's DirectX 10 gaming benchmark) together for only $29.95 / Â€24.95. http://www.shatteredhorizon.com/buynow/
"PC gamers expect dedicated servers in a multiplayer game," said Jaakko Haapasalo, producer. "We have been working closely with selected hosting partners to ensure that the Shattered Horizon dedicated server includes the features that are most important to our community."
Dedicated server features
Â• GUI for creating custom level rotations, game settings and player limits.
Â• Custom server name, graphic and information URL.
Â• Optional password protection for private matches.
Â• Remote admin console accessible within Shattered Horizon game client.
Â• Configurable auto-team balancing.
Â• Configurable auto-kick / ban for team-killers and high-ping connections.
Â• Built-in anti-cheat detection with configurable auto-kick / ban.
Â• Admin manual kick / ban.
Â• Support for VAC.
Â• Registered servers can submit player stats and achievements to the official leaderboards (registration is optional and free).
Â• LAN game support.
Â• Supported operating systems: Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008. Note, DirectX 10 is not required for running a Shattered Horizon server.
Players and server hosting companies can download the Shattered Horizon server files now from the "Tools" tab within Steam.
Shattered Horizon Update 184.108.40.206
The release of the server is accompanied by a minor game update.
Â• HUD: Ammo count is no longer shown in scoped mode when running silent.
Â• HUD: When a player tries to capture a control point that is blocked by an enemy player the word "Blocked" will appear on the HUD.
Â• HUD: Chat is now enabled during silent running or while EMPed.
Â• Network protocol updated to support new server features.
Â• Added console for remote server control.
Â• Added "rules" section to in-game server browser, so players can choose servers with or without friendly fire or team auto-balancing for example.
Â• Server disconnect messages now include more information about the reason for disconnection for example, kicked for cheating, team-killing or high ping.
Â• Bug fix: Improved error handling during start-up logo videos.
About Shattered Horizon
Shattered Horizon is the innovative first game from Futuremark Games Studio that immerses you in the cold reality of zero gravity combat in space.
Â• Multiplayer first-person shooter set in near-Earth space 40 years from now.
Â• Experience intense zero gravity combat and complete freedom of movement. Use your rocket pack to fly freely through space then land on any surface.
Â• Join your friends in action-packed 32 player battles fighting to control hollowed-out asteroids, huge fragments of Moon rock and the ruined remains of the International Space Station.
Â• Four more levels coming soon in the free Moonrise content pack.
Shattered Horizon requires DirectX 10, a DirectX 10 compatible video card, and Windows Vista or Windows 7. There is no support for Windows XP or DirectX 9. Suggested retail price: Â€19.95 / $19.95 / Â£14.95 Available now from Steam and the official website: http://www.shatteredhorizon.com/buynow
Latest News Posts
- USB 3.2 announced, packs double the bandwidth of USB 3.1
- India bans autonomous cars to protect against job losses
- Colorful iGame GTX 1080 Ti Kudan rocks MASSIVE cooler
- EVGA announces $999 price on GeForce GTX 1080 Ti K|NGP|N
- Kingdom Hearts III on the PS4 has CG-level graphics
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Comic-Con 2017 trailer round-up: MCU vs DCEU vs the rest
- ADATA Debuts XPG SPECTRIX D40 RGB DDR4 RAM
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology