TRENDnet Expands GREENnetT Product Portfolio
TORRANCE, Calif. - January 8, 2010 - TRENDnet, a best-in-class wired and wireless networking hardware brand, today announces the launch of the 8-Port Gigabit GREENnetT Switch, model TEG-S80Dg, which features TRENDnet's embedded power saving GREENnetT technology.
GREENnetT is a TRENDnet switch-based technology that determines and supplies the appropriate amount of electrical power to each hardwired switching port as required by the connected device, by the port, or by the length of the connected Ethernet cable. GREENnetT technology can reduce port-based power consumption by up to 70%.
GREENnetT solutions automatically detect if an Ethernet port is not in use and will reduce the amount of power sent to the respective unused port. A port may not be in use when either no device is connected to the port, or when the device that is connected to the port is powered down or in Standby mode. Less power is required to send data over shorter cable lengths. GREENnetT technology automatically detects the length of respective connected cables and adjusts the power supply accordingly. GREENnetT technology functions automatically, requires no management, and has no affect on product performance.
The 8-Port Gigabit GREENnetT Switch, model TEG-S80Dg, boosts efficiency and eliminates network congestion with a total switching capacity of 16Gbps with Full-Duplex mode support for all eight Gigabit Auto-Negotiation RJ-45 ports. The device offers a convenient built in power supply, simple Plug and Play installation, diagnostic LEDs convey port status, and Jumbo Frame support transfers more data in less time. The TEG-S80Dg comes with a five year limited warranty and will be available from TRENDnet's online and retail partners this month. The MSRP for the TEG-S80Dg is US $49.99.
"TRENDnet has released 14 products with integrated GREENnetT power saving technology over the last 12 months," stated Zak Wood, Director of Global Marketing for TRENDnet. "An additional 10 GREENnet products are scheduled for launch in 2010. Our actions support our commitment to develop network hardware solutions that help reduce our carbon footprint."
Full list of TRENDnet products with integrated power saving GREENnetT technology:
TEW-673GRU: 300Mbps Concurrent Dual Band Wireless N Gigabit Router
TEW-672GR: 300Mbps Dual Band Wireless N Gigabit Router
TEW-652BRP: Wireless N Home Router
TEW-651BR: 150Mbps Wireless N Home Router
TEW-639GR: 300Mbps Wireless N Gigabit Router
TEW-634GRU: 300Mbps Wireless N Gigabit Router with USB Port
TEW-633GR: 300Mbps Wireless N Gigabit Router
TEG-S80Dg: 8-Port Gigabit GREENnetT Switch
TEG-S80g: 8-Port Gigabit GREENnetT Switch
TEG-S50g: 5-Port Gigabit GREENnetT Switch
TEG-S5g: 5-Port Gigabit GREENnetT Switch
TE100-S16Eg: 16-Port 10/100Mbps GREENnetT Switch
TE100-S80g: 8-Port 10/100Mbps GREENnetT Switch
TE100-S50g: 5-Port 10/100Mbps GREENnetT Switch
TRENDnetis an award winning global brand, dedicated to providing a completeline of high quality yet affordable networking solutions for small tomid-sized business and home users alike. Founded in 1990, TRENDnetis headquartered in Torrance, California, and maintains branch officesin Europe, Central America, South America and Asia. TRENDnet productsare sold in over 125 countries. The TRENDnet brand is consistentlyrecognized for high quality, exceptional performance and unparalleledsupport. For more information visit http://www.trendnet.com or call +1 (310) 961-5500.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft Paint killed off with new Creators Update
- The new iPhone 8 might be all about AR
- Apple sued by insurance company for alleged iPhone fire
- You can now get Xiaomi Mi 6 with 9,000 mAh battery
- Note8 color options leak: Samsung to introduce Deep Blue
- Maximum ratio (x39) with 4,06GHz for i7 4770 on GA Z87X-UD3H?
- Supermicro SuperO Booster Software Guide
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4