HighPoint Announcing Industry's 1st SATA 6Gb/s RAID Capable Host Adapter
HighPoint Technologies - an innovative host-based RAID controller manufacturer is introducing the RocketRAID 620 Series- the industry's first SATA 3.0 host adapters with RAID 5 capability. The 620 series will double the data rate from 3Gb/s to 6Gb/s for high bandwidth PC applications, gaming, digital video and audio, video streaming and graphics applications.
The two members of the RocketRAID 620 Series - RocketRAID 620 (MSRP $69.99) and RocketRAID 622 (MSRP $79.99) will ship mid January 2010. These premier RAID host adapters are based on PCI-Express Gen 2 host interface technology and are designed to optimize storage performance and redundancy with RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 and JBOD. User friendly features include hot plug and hot unplug to add or remove storage devices; and OCE/ORLM to expand storage capacities or migrate to different RAID levels.
High Performance Companion for SATA 6Gb and SSD
The dedicated bandwidth provided by the RocketRAID 620 Series point-to-point connectivity is ideal for SSDs and SATA 6Gb interface storage - each 600MB/s lane is tuned for maximum performance. By supporting backward compatibility to SATA 3Gb/s and 1.5Gb/s interface users can seamlessly migrate their existing SATA cables/connectors and hard disks, to the RocketRAID 620 Series controllers.
Port Multiplier - Cost Performance Ratio
The RocketRAID 620 Series offers the most economical way to optimize performance to capacity ratio by supporting port multiplier devices. Smart fan-connectivity enables drive scalability up to 5 SATA drives through a single 600MB/s eSATA channel.
Smart and Robust RocketRAID Management Suite for Major OSes
The RocketRAID Manage Suite provides a user-friendly web-based management interface to maintain storage devices. It incorporates HighPoint's SHI (Storage Health Inspector) technology to provide active and early-warning features to maintain the integrity of the storage environment. The RocketRAID management suite supports every major operating system including Windows 7, Linux and FreeBSD.
The RocketRAID 620 Series are available exclusively through channel distribution partners (Bell Micro, D and H, MaLabs, and ASI).
Latest News Posts
- $32 million of Ethereum stolen by hackers
- Fake AMD Ryzen CPUs have been sent by Amazon
- Avast acquires CCleaner and Speeccy developer Piriform
- Ubisoft hints AC Origins' RPG elements will be monetized
- Google Pixel XL 2 looks amazing in the new concept video
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4