Seagate Technology Reports Fiscal Second Quarter 2010 Results
- Quarterly revenue of $3 billion
- Net income of $533 million
- Record unit shipments of 49.9 million
SCOTTS VALLEY, Calif. - January 20, 2010 - Seagate Technology (NASDAQ: STX) today reported financial results for the quarter ended January 1, 2010 of 49.9 million disk drive unit shipments, revenue of $3.03 billion, gross margin of 30.5%, net income of $533 million and diluted earnings per share of $1.03. The financial results for the quarter include $10 million of purchased intangibles amortization expense or approximately $0.02 per diluted share.
For the six months ended January 1, 2010 the company reported 96.2 million disk drive unit shipments, revenue of $5.69 billion, gross margin of 27.7%, net income of $712 million and diluted earnings per share of $1.38. The financial results for the six months ended January 1, 2010 include $20 million of purchased intangibles amortization expense, $46 million of restructuring costs and a write down of long-lived assets of $64 million. The aggregate impact of these expense items is $130 million or approximately $0.25 per diluted share.
"Our strong financial performance in the December quarter was the result of our ongoing progress in driving operational efficiencies, our leadership position in high capacity, high performance products, an improved product mix and the overall strength of demand for digital storage," said Steve Luczo, Seagate CEO.
Additional information relating to the financial results for the fiscal second quarter of 2010 can be found online at seagate.com.
Seagate will hold a conference call to review the fiscal second quarter results at 2:00 p.m. Pacific Time today. During today's conference call, the company will provide an outlook for its third fiscal quarter of 2010, including key underlying assumptions.
The conference call can be accessed online at seagate.com or by phone as follows:
USA: (866) 713-8562
International: (617) 597-5310
Participant Passcode: 79349419
A replay will be available beginning today at 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time. The replay can be accessed from seagate.com.
Seagate is the world leader in hard disk drives and storage solutions. Learn more at seagate.com.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm's next-gen Snapdragon 845 teased
- Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 lets you land on the moon
- Intel Core i9-7960X benchmarks: 16C/32T 'Skylake-X' CPU
- Intel's new Core i7-8700K CPU detailed, 6C/12T @ 4.3GHz?
- GTA parent company's indie segment is making AAA games
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4