A-DATA Releases USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive NH01
Experience SuperSpeed USB 3.0
Taipei, Taiwan - April 12, 2010 - A-DATA Technology Co., Ltd., the worldwide leader in DRAM memory and Flash application products, today announced the shipment of NH01, the first 2.5-inch portable hard drive equipped with the latest USB 3.0 interface, following its debut at CES back in January. Adopting the new generation of USB 3.0 interface, the A-DATA NH01 is designed to deliver astounding data transfer rates up to 88 MB/s in read and 81 MB/s in write overall, which are proven to be three times faster than the conventional hard drives with USB 2.0 interface based on real-world test results.
The transfer speed has become increasingly critical for external storage devices in order to cope with the nowadays' richer and larger-sized multimedia content. Combining the next-generation interface, users of NH01 are able to enjoy the benefits of SuperSpeed USB 3.0 and save up to 70% on file transfer time compared to the preceding USB 2.0. With the A-DATA NH01, transferring a typical 24GB Blu-ray movie would take just 4.6 minutes as opposed to 14.6 minutes via a conventional USB 2.0 interface1, significantly boosting users' efficiency with no more time wasted on waiting. Other than its superior transfer speed, USB 3.0 also provides improved interaction between device and host computer to deliver enhanced energy efficiency compared to its predecessor.
With various capacities up to 640GB, NH01 offers high-capacity storage solution suitable for system backup or carrying massive data on the go. Along with its outstanding performance, NH01 is elegant and stylish with a glossy front panel and coating around the enclosure. It is also compactly designed to fit right in the pocket. NH01 supports the easy plug-and-play on compatible platforms and is also backward compatible with USB 2.0 at a lower speed. Users of A-DATA portable HDDs are able to download value-add software HDDtoGO, OStoGO (no registration required), Norton Internet Security 2010 (60-day trial) for free and experience enhanced mobility and security with just few mouse clicks away. All A-DATA portable HDDs are backed by 3-year product warranty.
1Estimates are based on an average transfer rate of 88MB/s on systems with built-in USB 3.0 function motherboards and 28MB/s via USB 2.0 interface for illustration purposes; results may vary with different platforms and software used.
A-DATA Technology, the world's 2nd largest vendor of DRAM Modules (iSuppli, May 2009), 4th largest of USB Flash Drives (Gartner, May 2009), and the Top 20 global brand in Taiwan, provides complete memory solutions, including DRAM Modules, USB Flash Drives, Memory Cards, Solid State Drives and Portable Hard Drives. Committed to constant innovation, A-DATA delivers first-rate quality and industry-leading product performance to worldwide customers. Widely known for its distinctive design, A-DATA products are internationally recognized by Germany's iF Design Award, Reddot Award, CES Best of Innovations Award, Japan's Good Design Award, Best Choice of Computex Award, and Taiwan Excellence Gold Award. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.adata-group.com
Latest News Posts
- Intel Core i9-7920X: 12C/24T @ 4GHz, 140W TDP, and $1199
- AMD Ryzen ThreadRipper features next-gen packaging
- Bethesda sale: $13 Doom, cheap ESO and more
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds continues titanic growth
- Next-gen Hololens to have custom AI chip
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Comic-Con 2017 trailer round-up: MCU vs DCEU vs the rest
- graphics card not detected via riser cable
- Maximum ratio (x39) with 4,06GHz for i7 4770 on GA Z87X-UD3H?
- Supermicro SuperO Booster Software Guide
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4