ASUS Receives Prestigious 2010 Red Dot Design Awards for ROG Motherboard, Notebooks and Eee PCÂ™ Netbooks
Awards Bear Testament to ASUS' Mastery of Design and Innovation across Consumer and Component Product Lines
Sydney, Australia, 14 April 2010 - ASUS' Republic of Gamers (ROG) Rampage III Extreme motherboard, Commercial Series notebooks, Eee PCÂ™ Seashell 1015 netbook and new ultra-slim series of Eee PCÂ™ netbooks have risen above more than 12,000 submissions to snare prestigious red dot 2010 product design awards.
Tony Chen, Corporate Vice President and Vice Chair of ASUS' System Business Group, said, "Innovative product design is in ASUS' DNA, and our 100-strong international team of culturally-diverse designers is absolutely passionate about bringing form and function together in simple yet stylish and powerful ways. Every ASUS product embodies our brand spirit of inspiration, perfectionism and environmental consciousness; the garnering of red dot design awards proves that we are attuned to the aspirations of the design community and the desires of consumers at large."
The international red dot design award ranks among the largest and most famous design competitions in the world. Each year, an international jury reviews and evaluates the submitted products according to stringent criteria, including the degree of innovation, functionality, ergonomics, formal quality, ecological compatibility and durability of the product.
The award-winning products will be showcased in a special exhibition at the Essen red dot design museum on the premises of the world cultural heritage site 'Zeche Zollverein' from July 6 to August 1, 2010.
Specifications are subject to change without prior notice. Please visit http://www.asus.com to find out more about these award-winning products.
ASUS is a leading company in the new digital era, with a broad product portfolio that includes notebooks, netbooks, motherboards, graphics cards, displays, desktop PCs, servers, wireless solutions, mobile phones and networking devices. Driven by innovation and committed to quality, ASUS designs and manufactures products that perfectly meet the needs of today's home and office users. ASUS won 3,268 awards in 2009, and is widely credited with revolutionizing the PC industry with the Eee PCÂ™. With a global staff of more than 10,000 and a world-class R&D design team, the company's revenue for 2009 was US$7.5 billion. ASUS ranks among BusinessWeek's InfoTech 100, and has been on the listing for 12 consecutive years.
Latest News Posts
- Splatoon 2 sells 670,995 copies in 3 days in Japan
- AMD shares rise 8% riding Ryzen and GPU excitement
- USB 3.2 announced, packs double the bandwidth of USB 3.1
- India bans autonomous cars to protect against job losses
- Colorful iGame GTX 1080 Ti Kudan rocks MASSIVE cooler
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Comic-Con 2017 trailer round-up: MCU vs DCEU vs the rest
- ADATA Debuts XPG SPECTRIX D40 RGB DDR4 RAM
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology