HighPoint Technologies delivers high-performance SAS RAID Controller with Intel® IOP348 I/O Processor
Milpitas, CA - HighPoint Technologies, is announcing the immediate availability of the RocketRAID 4320 SAS RAID Controller - featuring the Intel® IOP348 I/O Processor with Intel XScale® microarchitecture for enterprise class requirements for scalability, performance, reliability and manageability.
High Performance Hardware RAID Processor
The RocketRAID 4320 is a PCI-Express x8 SAS RAID controller that supports up to 8 SAS/SATA hard drives and is based on the high-performance Intel® IOP348 I/O Processor, a storage system-on-a-chip that delivers enterprise class SAS and advanced RAID data protection. The RocketRAID 4320 is efficiently maximized with the HighPoint's 2nd Gen TerabyteArchitecture to deliver the highest sustained transfer rates with over 1004MB/s read and 913MB/s write. With a PCI-Express x8 interface the RocketRAID 4320 offers the maximum bandwidth for the highest data transfers.
"HighPoint has selected Intel® I/O Processors for two significant reasons. First, there is commonality within the Intel® Xscale technology to accelerate delivery of enterprise class SAS and SATA RAID HBA's. Second, the Intel® I/O 348 Processor at 1.2GHz accommodates the high performance demands of SAS storage, said Dr. Michael Whang PH.D President and CEO of HighPoint Technologies.
"Based on high-performance, power-efficient Intel Xscale® technology, the Intel® IOP348 I/O Processor delivers enterprise-class SAS and advance RAID data protection with enhanced flexibility and interoperability", said Seth Bobroff, storage general manager, Intel® Server Platforms Group. "The Intel® IOP348 I/O Processor enables HighPoint Technologies to deliver high-performance SAS and advanced RAID data protection with its new RocketRAID 4320 SAS RAID Controller.
HighPoint 2nd Gen. TerabyteArchitecture
HighPoint's 2Nd Gen. TerabyteArchitecture features TerabyteStream to deliver the highest data throughput by efficiently maximizing the Intel® IOP348 I/O Processor. Next, TerabyteGuard will extend the life of SAS/SATA hard drives by monitoring the health status of each drive to ensure data availability. Finally, with TerabtyeSaver and the use of a battery backup and with write journaling, data is preserved during unexpected system power failures.
Fully Certified Software Support
HighPoint is committed to providing resources that make it easy to develop Linux solutions using our RAID controllers. Our RAID drivers are embedded in Linux kernel 2.6.x and greater, and we work aggressively to ensure that they are included in each successive kernel distribution. The HighPoint device driver integrated into the Linux kernel is open source. The driver sources can be downloaded from the HighPoint web site and compiled for custom-designed Linux environments.
The RocketRAID 4320 has fully certified Microsoft WHQL drivers are available for Windows Vista and for Windows Server 2008 for complete compatibility for Microsoft operating systems.
With native support in FreeBSD 7.0 o there is no manual installation of drivers and users get a plug-in with data protection experience.
HighPoint Technologies, long recognized as a leader in mass storage technologies specializes in the design and manufacturer of HBA (Host Bus Adapters) and HighPoint RAID IP (Intellectual Property). HighPoint provides a broad range of scalable hardware HBA's that meet the storage requirements of all customer types from Enterprise to SMB (Small Medium Sized Business) to PC enthusiast. For more information visit http://www.highpoint-tech.com or email email@example.com
Latest News Posts
- $32 million of Ethereum stolen by hackers
- Fake AMD Ryzen CPUs have been sent by Amazon
- Avast acquires CCleaner and Speeccy developer Piriform
- Ubisoft hints AC Origins' RPG elements will be monetized
- Google Pixel XL 2 looks amazing in the new concept video
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4