HD Entertainment goes Mobile with the ASUS Eee PC Seashell 1005PR
-- ASUS launches the new Eee PCÂ™ Seashell 1005PR featuring BroadcomÂ® Crystal HD technology for a rousing HD multimedia experience. --
Fremont, CA (May 3rd, 2010) - ASUS today announced that its multi-award winning Eee PC Seashell Series of netbooks - which include the Eee PC Seashell 1005PE and 1001P - is joined by the new Eee PC Seashell 1005PR. This multimedia centric netbook delivers a rich and smooth High Definition online viewing experience when watching your favorite streaming movies, television/news programs and user-generated videos.
Extending the User Experience with High Definition Multimedia Playback
"Broadcom's latest Crystal HD technology puts HD multimedia in the hands of netbook users allowing them to access their favorite content anywhere at any time," said Dan Eiref, Vice President and General Manager of Broadcom's Consumer Electronics line of business. "The Broadcom Crystal HD solution brings a unique value to ASUS netbooks, providing a new level of performance and power consumption at a market leading price point."
Exceptional Energy Efficiency and Cost Effective Performance for All-day Computing
The Eee PCÂ™ Seashell 1005PR comes equipped with the IntelÂ® AtomÂ™ processor N450, 250GB Hard Drive, 10.1" LED Backlit screen with HD capable 1366x768 resolution, Broadcom Crystal HD Accelerator (BCM70015)*, 802.11b/g/n wireless connectivity, Bluetooth v2.1, HD audio, and up to 11 hours**of battery life. The Eee PC 1005PR also features ASUS' proprietary Super Hybrid Engine. This technology tailors energy consumption patterns to suit any task at hand, optimizing energy efficiency and reducing power usage by up to 15%.
Excellent Features, Design and Ergonomics for an Unmatched User Experience
The updated Eee PC Seashell 1005PR features dual operating systems, enabling it to boot into Windows 7 Starter Edition or Express Gate. The latter boots up in just seconds, allowing users to surf the web, browse their photos, as well as chat and play games online almost instantaneously. For its superlative ergonomics, design quality, finish and innovation, the entire Eee PC Seashell Series was recently honored with a 2010 iF product design award.
The ASUS Eee PC Seashell 1005PR is available today at authorized resellers for an MSRP of $399.99.
* Full software support for AdobeÂ® FlashÂ® Player (v10.1) and Windows Media Player (v12) as well as other third-party media players for HD playback.
** MobileMark 2007 Reader Mode, battery life will vary based on usage and conditions.
Specifications are subject to change without prior notice. Please visit usa.asus.com for more information.
ASUS is a leading company in the new digital era, with an extensive product portfolio that includes notebooks, netbooks, motherboards, graphics cards, displays, optical drives, desktop PCs, servers, wireless solutions, mobile phones and networking devices. Driven by innovation and committed to quality, ASUS designs and manufactures products that perfectly meet the needs of today's digital home, office and person. ASUS won 3,268 awards in 2009, and is widely credited with revolutionizing the PC industry with the Eee PCÂ™. With a global staff of more than ten thousand and a world-class R&D design team, the company's revenue for 2008 was 8.1 billion U.S. dollars. ASUS ranks among BusinessWeek's InfoTech 100, and has been on the listing for 12 consecutive years.
Latest News Posts
- Essential phone to be more than a month late
- Intel accuses Qualcomm of monopolistic behavior
- New Note8 leak shows awkwardly placed fingerprint sensor
- Samsung Galaxy S8 officially discounted by up to $300
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 836 will debut with the Pixel 2
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4