Opera 10.60 in final version, faster and more secure than ever
What is faster than the fastest?
Today you can experience being the first on the Web in features, speed and innovation. Opera Software releases the final version of the 10.60 browser with several new features, more user security and enhanced stability and is now up to 50 percent faster than the previous version.
Join the movement
With more than 120 million active users surfing the Web on various Opera-powered devices, Opera seeks to provide the latest innovations to all web users. In Opera 10.60, the up and coming technologies forming the Web of tomorrow are already available.
Geolocation eases the work of putting you on the map by determining your position. To ensure your privacy, you have full control over when this feature is used. To showcase geolocation in action, Opera has created an interactive map to show real-time downloads of the Opera browser. Try it out here.
Opera is first to give you built-in video playback with the open WebM format that gives you optimized video right in the browser on all platforms. Other Opera features such as offline applications let you work using web-based applications, without Internet connectivity.
Go into overdrive
Combined with its unique Opera Turbo functionality, Opera puts you one step ahead on the Web. Opera Turbo compresses the data going over your connection up to a factor of two or more, for those congested connections at cafes or a mobile connection at the summerhouse.
Other features included in Opera, such as mouse gestures, make you a more efficient user when browsing the Web and cuts down time spent on navigating between different webpages. Extensive built-in search functions give you quick and powerful searches both on the Web and in large webpages.
Stay secure, use Opera
Staying secure on the Web is easier than ever with the unsurpassed AVG-supported anti-fraud systems and phishing protection introduced in Opera 10.60. Live feeds supply fresh information on the latest web threats to the users and keep them in the know about potential malware, harm or scams. In certain regions, Yandex supplies user malware protection.
Appcache: Use in-browser applications such as word processors and spreadsheets even without an Internet connection by storing the necessary files locally.
More search: Opera 10.60 includes several search engines for the user to choose for themselves. Opera has added the Bing search engine as one of the choices, in addition to the default Google search.
Search suggestions: With websites such as Wikipedia, get instant search suggestions to complement your search experience.
Improved design: New design features such as an improved Menu button and icon tabs make day-to-day use of Opera even faster and easier. With the Speed Dial, another Opera first, get to your favorite websites with just a single click of the mouse.
For more information and to download Opera please visit http://www.opera.com/browser/.
About Opera Software ASA
Opera Software ASA has redefined web browsing for PCs, mobile phones and other networked devices. Opera's cross-platform web-browser technology is renowned for its performance, standards compliance and small size, while giving users a faster, safer and more dynamic online experience. Opera Software is headquartered in Oslo, Norway, with offices around the world. The company is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol OPERA. Learn more about Opera at http://www.opera.com/.
Latest News Posts
- Nanomaterial charges phones, electric cars in SECONDS
- Qualcomm's next-gen Snapdragon 845 teased
- Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 lets you land on the moon
- Intel Core i9-7960X benchmarks: 16C/32T 'Skylake-X' CPU
- Intel's new Core i7-8700K CPU detailed, 6C/12T @ 4.3GHz?
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4