DELL SHIPS THE INSPIRON M101z ULTRATHIN LAPTOP WITH LONG BATTERY LIFE
1.56Kg laptop packs premium style and performance in an ultra-portable PC
Sydney, Australia, Aug. 5, 2010 - Dell today announced the latest in compact computing - the ultra-portable and ultra-stylish Inspiron M101z laptop. The perfect combination of size, weight, performance and contemporary lux looks, the Inspiron M101z is the ideal on-the-go, easy-to-use laptop PC for today's mobile population.
Whether a student running between classes or a mum trying to keep the kids entertained, carrying this ultrathin 1.56Kg[i] laptop that fits easily in a handbag or backpack helps lighten the load. Despite its diminutive size, the Inspiron M101z laptop packs performance punch, nimbly stepping through everyday tasks quickly and delivering impressive playback of streaming movies and HD videos.
Blending brains and beauty, the Inspiron M101z laptop is built around a clever hinge-forward design that moves the display closer and keeps the body rigid to help enhance strength and durability. It features a full-width keyboard that simplifies typing and navigation, while the attractive finishes and smooth curves make it stand out in a crowd. And with a choice of four vibrant colors, people also have the ability to add personal style to their PC.
The Inspiron M101z laptop is powered by AMD Athlon™ II Neo Mobile processors and integrated ATi graphics and achieves up to 6 hours and 36 minutes[ii] of operation with its standard 6-cell rechargeable battery.
"Finally, people can get premium looks, a big display, a full-width keyboard, long battery life and a powerful processor in a laptop no bigger than many netbooks," said Brian Pitstick, director and general manager, ultra mobile products. "The Inspiron M101z is an affordable, on-the-go companion that can be easily customised to handle individual needs from simple e-mailing and Web surfing to HD video playback and editing or watching a favorite TV program."
The Inspiron M101z is available today from http://www.dell.com.au and prices begin at $699 with a one-year limited warranty[iii] standard. The Inspiron M101z comes with Syncables Desktop software that makes it easy to synch photos, music, video and data with a primary computer for quick, on-the-go access. Other helpful applications pre-installed include Skype and Cozi Family Organizer.
• Speedy AMD Athlon II Neo single and dual core mobile processor options with integrated ATi graphics
• Dazzling 11.6-inch TrueLife HD glossy WLED display (1366x768)
• Full-width ergonomic keyboard with raised individual keypads
• Up to 4GB[iv]* of fast DDR3 memory at 800MHz
• Up to 320GB[v] SATA hard drive that can store 142 hours5* of DVD-quality video, 38 hours5 of HD video or up to 80,0005 MP3 songs
• Built-in 1.3 megapixel Webcam, SRS Premium Sound with two 1.5W speakers, three USB 2.0 connections, one with USB PowerShare, HDMI port, VGA port and 7-in-1 media card reader
• Integrated 10/100 Ethernet and Wi-Fi (b/g/n) with Bluetooth 3.0 wireless standard, and optional built in mobile broadband expected to be available later this year
• Selection of colours and finishes including Clear Black, Peacock Blue and Tomato Red with Jax pattern, and Promise Pink with DigiPais pattern and matching design on palmrest
• Standard 6-cell battery with 9-cell battery option expected to be available later this year
• Choice of operating systems, up to Windows® 7 Home Premium
• Clean user interface with Dell Dock and pre-installed applications including Syncables Desktop, Skype, Cozi Family Organizer and Microsoft Office 2010 Starter[vi]*
• Available external DVD/RW drive and portable USB speakers options
Dell (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to its customers and uses that insight to make technology simpler and create innovative solutions that simplify daily activities and help people stay, entertained, connected and in touch. Learn more at http://www.dell.com.au.
Further Reading: Read and find more Laptops press releases at our Laptops PR index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!